[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 05, 2013, 02:10:37 PM
I've seen that EVO Trooper, it's very good. How detailed is it though? I want to keep lowres triggers as low as I can.
I don't think it's too extreme.
Essentially it's a modified StormTrooper with the TIE Pilot's respirator and SandTrooper's backpack.

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 05, 2013, 02:01:34 PM
I have inserted new sound effects into the mod. They will need some testing but I believe they should work.

In other news, I'm thinking of replacing the Scout Trooper unit model with something else (owing to the fact that a Scout Trooper isn't exactly the best unit to carry a heavy torpedo launcher). Ideas are welcome. Plus, I've pretty much finalized the weapons of each class, so that all that needs doing is to test them out. I'm also looking to see if there are other mod maps I may want to include in the mod. Here's a list of what's in so far (not counting stock maps):

Coruscant: Jedi Temple
Coruscant: Streets
Death Star: Interior (GCW Only)
Felucia: Marshland
Geonosis: Dust Plains
Kamino: Cloning Facility
Mustafar: Refinery
Mygeeto: War Torn City
Naboo: Outpost (Formerly Naboo: Prototype)
Tantive IV: Interior
Utapau: Sinkhole

Space maps have not yet been implemented as I'm still figuring out how best I want to go about doing them.
Sounds good. But I would love to see Rends custom maps like Coruscant: City (my favorite), Wookieeland and maybe even Abridon City!
Or Nar Shadaa? If Sereja lets you of course.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 05, 2013, 04:55:54 PM
Sounds good. But I would love to see Rends custom maps like Coruscant: City (my favorite), Wookieeland and maybe even Abridon City!
Or Nar Shadaa? If Sereja lets you of course.

Streets is the Rends map. I don't really like City too much because the quality is quite low on textures, which I could have improved if the map assets were available. Wookieland might be an idea though: it's reminiscent of the PSP TFU Kashyyyk map.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 06, 2013, 01:57:18 AM
Streets is the Rends map. I don't really like City too much because the quality is quite low on textures, which I could have improved if the map assets were available. Wookieland might be an idea though: it's reminiscent of the PSP TFU Kashyyyk map.
City is probably my favorite Rends map! :happy:
One of my favorite parts about MPM 6.0 was the inclusion of new Coruscant: City mission and core.lvls to work with the mod. (at least the CW part of the mod)

Wookieeland is a fun map although there is one thing I don't like about it, the name! If it could be called something else then it would be awesome!
I think it's one of his underrated maps.

Another extremely underrated map is Rhen Var: Bridge.

On a side note can't you change textures through the mission.lvl? (Zombie Castle?)

I was thinking "Kashyyyk: Treetops" for Kashyyyk: Wookieland.

I've never heard about being able to change textures on maps through mission.lvl. If I could, that'd definitely influence me to include City.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 06, 2013, 01:57:18 AM

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yo1s0o7stn4ios7/coruscantcityfiles.zip
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 06, 2013, 12:46:03 PM
I was thinking "Kashyyyk: Treetops" for Kashyyyk: Wookieland.

I've never heard about being able to change textures on maps through mission.lvl. If I could, that'd definitely influence me to include City.
Kashyyyk: Treetops is a fitting name.

I'm not exactly sure how Phobos did change textures without the map assets but he did! Maybe you could PM him?

Original Helms Deep Map [spoiler][/spoiler]

Phobos Zombie Castle Map (uses Helms Deep) [spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Snake on August 06, 2013, 01:40:34 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yo1s0o7stn4ios7/coruscantcityfiles.zip

Sadly they don't include the map assets, only the buildings, which I already have.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Ah, got it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I want to add a new campaign, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'm planning three campaigns: Fall Of The Old Republic, Rule Of The Empire, and Rise Of The New Republic. The first two are easy since they replace the original stock campaigns but the last one is not so much, and I don't really know how to add it in.

Plus, is it possible to get custom unit skeletons into the main common.lvl? I'm thinking of reinstating Yoda, but only if his skeleton will work properly without crashing the game. It may also prompt me to increase the compliment of heroes per team to five instead of three.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Mav was able to get the Yoda skeleton into SWBFI (even custom attack animations!)

Try it out to see. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=688

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 07, 2013, 03:26:46 PM
Mav was able to get the Yoda skeleton into SWBFI (even custom attack animations!)

Try it out to see. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=688

Played that map, but I'm thinking of implanting the Yoda skeleton into common.lvl, and for some reason past attempts have failed.
In Progress:

On Hold:

August 08, 2013, 12:56:35 PM #252 Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:05:26 PM by tirpider
If it helps, I'm sorta having good luck with this yoda:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=616

I'm just using the ODF and the munged folder while I work on the stock BF2 Yoda to make him OverrideTexture compatible.  I already got the cloth part of his robe replaced, but am having problems with the lowres suddenly being full size at random times.

Not sure how the munged animations were made.

-edit (attached a pic of my troubles.)

well.. I just found the lead-in post for the above Yoda link. Turns out it is the stock BF2 yoda, so I'm fighting the same problem everyone else has.
If I make a breakthrough, I'll let you know. I  need him for my own OTC project as well.

Quote from: tirpider on August 08, 2013, 12:56:35 PM
If it helps, I'm sorta having good luck with this yoda:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=616

I'm just using the ODF and the munged folder while I work on the stock BF2 Yoda to make him OverrideTexture compatible.  I already got the cloth part of his robe replaced, but am having problems with the lowres suddenly being full size at random times.

Not sure how the munged animations were made.

-edit (attached a pic of my troubles.)

well.. I just found the lead-in post for the above Yoda link. Turns out it is the stock BF2 yoda, so I'm fighting the same problem everyone else has.
If I make a breakthrough, I'll let you know. I  need him for my own OTC project as well.

Yoda's not a deal-breaker as I have other heroes I could use like Plo Koon or a couple of Clone Commanders (Cody, Appo, Gree etc).

Requoting this as this is an essential point I want to focus on right now:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 07, 2013, 11:02:07 AM
I want to add a new campaign, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'm planning three campaigns: Fall Of The Old Republic, Rule Of The Empire, and Rise Of The New Republic. The first two are easy since they replace the original stock campaigns but the last one is not so much, and I don't really know how to add it in.

I also need some help for adding eras in so I can add in approximations of hunt and hero assault modes.
In Progress:

On Hold:

A concern of mine with hunt mode is that you try to make it semi-fair. In MPM 6 the hunt modes aren't very fun since one side over powers the other by A LOT. Just a concern. :)