[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have one question guys.Lets say i create a little shield like sphere (prop model).Can i drop it somehow on the ground and use it for cover?I have see this in the Firststrike mod.Can this be made?

You mean a portable shield generator? Yes, it can be done.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 29, 2013, 01:54:31 PM
MPM wasn't online-compatible anyway
MPM 6.0 is OC. Me and my brother played hours with that mod through LAN. Perhaps certain aspects of it weren't OC but it worked for us all the time. :shrug:

I fooled around a bit until I manage to make a recon droid that was "self piloted" by turning the time bomb dispenser into a droid dispenser  It follows you around but won't fire its gun.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

ggctuk can you give me a ODF file for portalble shield generator please?I have big ideas for this  :XD:

July 31, 2013, 09:31:32 AM #230 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:38:43 PM by ggctuk2005
Sadly, it seems the Autoturrets don't work in the way I wanted them to. They just sit there. That may be down to the way I've set it up as a remote, but I don't think it'll work either way. I've also started changing the unit layouts now. If I can get them to work, I'll include Space Maps.

Quote from: Ginev on July 29, 2013, 11:58:54 PM
ggctuk can you give me a ODF file for portalble shield generator please?I have big ideas for this  :XD:

I never actually implemented this idea so I don't have an ODF. There were other ideas I wanted to try first.

BTW, here, have some unit shots. I'm not using the same Episode III units I was using before. Have fun guessing what the last one will be for :)

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Nice units :)

Quote from: jdee-barc on July 29, 2013, 10:23:48 PM
I fooled around a bit until I manage to make a recon droid that was "self piloted" by turning the time bomb dispenser into a droid dispenser  It follows you around but won't fire its gun.

Perhaps, you, forget about some of this parameters:
PilotType = "self"
Controllable = "0"
AutoFire = "1"

Shield dispenser, works fine, as remote droid, but it always follow you, and just can't be loosed, unless you destroy him. :rofl:.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on July 31, 2013, 01:14:24 PM
Nice units :)

Thanks :D I'm glad to know I'm still able to do hex-editing, because it's been a long time. Both the Ep2 unit and the Clone Commander unit have hex-edited meshes on them: the Ep2 unit, of course, has that strap, and the Commander has a kama. It's a shame you can't hex-edit in a BF1 kama, but I've seen the results of even attempting it.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: 411Remnant on July 31, 2013, 03:53:33 PM
looking good man, looking good.

Thanks!

I have four spacemaps earmarked for this mod: Space Coruscant, Space Kashyyyk, Space Endor and Space Yavin. I'm also going to try and add in a workaround for Hero Assault and Hunt modes, though this will evidently involve the insertion of two new eras to accompany that.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I have inserted new sound effects into the mod. They will need some testing but I believe they should work.

In other news, I'm thinking of replacing the Scout Trooper unit model with something else (owing to the fact that a Scout Trooper isn't exactly the best unit to carry a heavy torpedo launcher). Ideas are welcome. Plus, I've pretty much finalized the weapons of each class, so that all that needs doing is to test them out. I'm also looking to see if there are other mod maps I may want to include in the mod. Here's a list of what's in so far (not counting stock maps):

Coruscant: Jedi Temple
Coruscant: Streets
Death Star: Interior (GCW Only)
Felucia: Marshland
Geonosis: Dust Plains
Kamino: Cloning Facility
Mustafar: Refinery
Mygeeto: War Torn City
Naboo: Outpost (Formerly Naboo: Prototype)
Tantive IV: Interior
Utapau: Sinkhole

Space maps have not yet been implemented as I'm still figuring out how best I want to go about doing them.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 05, 2013, 02:01:34 PM
In other news, I'm thinking of replacing the Scout Trooper unit model with something else (owing to the fact that a Scout Trooper isn't exactly the best unit to carry a heavy torpedo launcher). Ideas are welcome.

Codarez's Evo Trooper is an excellent Imperial model and could fit the bill.

I second the evo trooper. By the way, are those conversion of those maps done by your skillful hand? Well the SWBf2 ones.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

August 05, 2013, 02:10:37 PM #239 Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:12:56 PM by ggctuk2005
Quote from: UNIT 33 on August 05, 2013, 02:02:43 PM
Codarez's Evo Trooper is an excellent Imperial model and could fit the bill.

I've seen that EVO Trooper, it's very good. How detailed is it though? I want to keep lowres triggers as low as I can.

Quote from: 411Remnant on August 05, 2013, 02:05:01 PM
I second the evo trooper. By the way, are those conversion of those maps done by your skillful hand? Well the SWBf2 ones.

The only one I converted myself there was Naboo: Prototype. I do have Kashyyyk: Beachhead as a conversion too but I'm not going to be using it on the account that I prefer Docks, and that for some reason I can't get the boundaries to work at all.
In Progress:

On Hold: