[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 15, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
Well, turrets are armedbuildings too, and they function fully (but the tripod-minigun hovers, hence me scrapping the idea). We know autofire works too because Napseeker demonstrated that in his BofC space map with the autofiring ship turrets (I think he set them to have quite a long cool-down cycle).

Me and RC are working on a fix for the floating problem but I think he's at camp or something like that.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Has anybody ever got a working autoturret? I see in the SWBF2 side assets for BF1 that I have, they're not used but they're classed as armedbuilding. I was thinking that maybe using the remote droid as a base rather than a turret was a sounder choice? If so, that'll be my secondary weapon for the Officer.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

People have gotten the autoturrets to work on ships. (Napseeker's Space Coruscant, Space Peregus)

You could have the remote droid be deployed like normal and have a constant fire rate. Then the player can exit out of the remote droid and play like normal. I'm assuming this is your idea...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 17, 2013, 08:48:19 AM
People have gotten the autoturrets to work on ships. (Napseeker's Space Coruscant, Space Peregus)

You could have the remote droid be deployed like normal and have a constant fire rate. Then the player can exit out of the remote droid and play like normal. I'm assuming this is your idea...

Not quite: the ODF for the remote droid has a line called "SwitchImmediately" which, I believe, makes the player automatically switch to the probe droid when they deploy it. My hope is that it should be a simple matter of commenting this out and setting the PilotType, which is set to "remote", to "self", then setting all acceleration and movement settings appropriately so it doesn't move.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I'm thinking of changing the Assault and Sniper classes by replacing them with a revamped Solider class and a new Assault class merger between the Heavy and Sniper classes.
In Progress:

On Hold:

sounds nice. make it have a machine gun called sasha

Umm... what?

I'm thinking of having these layouts for the new classes:

Solider
-Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator
This is meant to be the most basic unit so I'm not doing too much to the layout. As a result of not having the Assault unit carry Thermal Detonators, this unit will get an extra loadout of them.

Assault
-Torpedo Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Light Rifle/Pistol, Mines
The Torpedo Launcher and Mines mean that the Assault unit won't be needing Thermal Detonators. CW Assault units get the Light Rifle whereas GCW Assault units get the Light Pistol, though they function pretty much the same way.

Engineer
-Shotgun, Commando Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Detpacks
Unchanged from my current setup.

Special
-Unique Weapon #1, Commando Pistol, Special Grenade, Probe Droid
The special grenade's effect depends entirely on faction: the Republic will obviously get the EMP Grenades but I'm still figuring out what to give the Rebels and Empire for this weapon. The only one that is exempt from these changes will be the Droideka, unless I wish to replace it with a new unit. The droideka will have tweaked blaster cannons which aren't rapid-fire but are much more powerful, akin to a turret laser. To this end, it'll have less HP, although its shield will withstand the same amount of punishment as before.

Officer
-Unique Weapon #1, Unique Weapon #2, Health/Ammo Dispenser, Autoturret/Orbital Strike Beacon (If the Autoturret idea does not work)
Unique weapons have yet to be finalized. I'm considering changing the Super Battle Droid's gun to be a dual-shot instead of a chaingun. I'd love to give the Imperial Officer the ability to unmask Bothan Spies, but I don't think code was even  put into the game to do that because the Disguise Kit wasn't finished. Suggestions are welcome, of course.
In Progress:

On Hold:

My only bit of advice is: Do not combine heavy weapons (Rockets, mines) and jetpacks (It's a mistake I'm undoing) It will get messy.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Nah, the loadouts for the Jet and Dark Troopers are staying relatively 'sane' :D The Dark Trooper gets a flamethrower instead of a shotgun though.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Ltin on July 27, 2013, 06:18:58 PM
you said you were combining the heavy classes and sniper right?
http://teamfortress.wikia.com/wiki/%22Sasha%22

I know nothing about Team Fortress.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 17, 2013, 09:08:59 AM
Not quite: the ODF for the remote droid has a line called "SwitchImmediately" which, I believe, makes the player automatically switch to the probe droid when they deploy it. My hope is that it should be a simple matter of commenting this out and setting the PilotType, which is set to "remote", to "self", then setting all acceleration and movement settings appropriately so it doesn't move.
Beware:  I think my method was relatively the same as yours (I think I used "dispenser" instead of "Remote" classlabel for deploying).  I don't remember if Napseeker's turrets worked in MP or not, but adding an extra AI to the field in MP causes the game to crash.

As long as you're in SP though, you're ok.  More flexibility there.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on July 29, 2013, 12:33:46 PM
Beware:  I think my method was relatively the same as yours (I think I used "dispenser" instead of "Remote" classlabel for deploying).  I don't remember if Napseeker's turrets worked in MP or not, but adding an extra AI to the field in MP causes the game to crash.

As long as you're in SP though, you're ok.  More flexibility there.

I'm not too worried about MP given MPM wasn't online-compatible anyway, and while I'm being a bit more conventional here, I don't think Celebration will be online-compatible either.

So, did the Autoturret work for you in SP, then?
In Progress:

On Hold:

I remember trying to have a self-piloted turret and it did nothing except fire nonstop until its gun overheated and it only fired in the direction it was planted in.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on July 29, 2013, 02:28:02 PM
I remember trying to have a self-piloted turret and it did nothing except fire nonstop until its gun overheated and it only fired in the direction it was planted in.

I'm assuming that was the AutoFire line that was responsible? Seems they hadn't thought of putting Auto Pilot into other types bar droid and commandarmedanimatedbuilding.
In Progress:

On Hold: