[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 24, 2013, 11:37:14 AM #195 Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:39:27 AM by ggctuk2005
Quote from: Phobos on June 22, 2013, 06:25:40 PM
as far as i know you can't deploy "armedbuilding" classlabel turrets. armedbuilding type objects won't work in the side lvl they must be placed directly in the world lvl. this is why you can't really deploy turrets unless they are modified as vehicles on mod maps.

They do spawn and function exactly as I intend them to, with the exception of hovering a good few feet from the ground.

Might have to ditch the idea, unless it can be made to work another way, like dispensing a 'timebomb' that 'detonates' quickly, and the 'explosion' spawns the turret.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on June 24, 2013, 11:37:14 AM
dispensing a 'timebomb' that 'detonates' quickly, and the 'explosion' spawns the turret.
Does that work in SWBFI? If so then you could make the explosion mute and invisible with no splash damage. That could be a way to get around the monster truck wheels turret.

June 24, 2013, 02:26:09 PM #197 Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:27:46 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Or perhaps lower the model Z in XSI, we'd theoretically only need to know how far turrets float from the ground and/or objects, I'm certain this value is universal, and can be done for any particular model.

It would be a quick fix.

Looks like the turret dispenser is a no-go. I'm still contemplating what to use as the officer's second primary. Suggestions are welcome.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Hmm. Perhaps you could do a vehicle dispenser. And the vehicle can't move. Only rotate up, down, and side to side. That would keep the deployable turret idea...

I was thinking of either a beam-turret dispenser (it fires constantly in the direction it faces, but burns out and recharges quickly, making an interesting trap) or a portable CP dispenser (which would be limited to two).
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 15, 2013, 11:52:04 AM
I was thinking of either a beam-turret dispenser (it fires constantly in the direction it faces, but burns out and recharges quickly, making an interesting trap) or a portable CP dispenser (which would be limited to two).

How would you make the turret fire on its own? And I tried a CP dispenser once, you can't spawn from them or capture them.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The turret could usa autofire. It wouldn't be able to control its aim and it'd fire forever until it was destroyed, but that's the idea.

As for a CP dispenser, I was thinking a destroyable CP of some kind. It'd be like the faambas which have ODF-defined spawn parameters. It's doable because their type is "commandarmedanimatedbuilding".
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 15, 2013, 12:27:16 PM
The turret could usa autofire. It wouldn't be able to control its aim and it'd fire forever until it was destroyed, but that's the idea.

As for a CP dispenser, I was thinking a destroyable CP of some kind. It'd be like the faambas which have ODF-defined spawn parameters. It's doable because their type is "commandarmedanimatedbuilding".
That will be a very interesting breakthrough if you discover a way to deploy weapons from "armedbuilding" or "commandarmedanimatedbuilding". I have only seen these type of ODFs in world LVL not sides. These are the only classlabels which support autofire anyway.

Quote from: Phobos on July 15, 2013, 12:32:22 PM
That will be a very interesting breakthrough if you discover a way to deploy weapons from "armedbuilding" or "commandarmedanimatedbuilding". I have only seen these type of ODFs in world LVL not sides. These are the only classlabels which support autofire anyway.

Well, turrets are armedbuildings too, and they function fully (but the tripod-minigun hovers, hence me scrapping the idea). We know autofire works too because Napseeker demonstrated that in his BofC space map with the autofiring ship turrets (I think he set them to have quite a long cool-down cycle).
In Progress:

On Hold:

I still think a portable shield would be cool. What happened to that idea?

Autofire works but the turret can't aim. It fires in one spot only.

Here is another idea (that I have no clue if it is possible) is a local dispenser. You could dispense a local (recon droid is what I'm thinking) and he will fight along side you until he runs out of energy!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 15, 2013, 12:51:00 PM
I still think a portable shield would be cool. What happened to that idea?

If all else fails that's still an option but I'd prefer something with offensive capabilities first.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 15, 2013, 12:51:00 PMAutofire works but the turret can't aim. It fires in one spot only.

Which would suit my purposes given the idea is to make a trap rather than a fully-functional weapon. You'd lay it facing the wall in tight spaces for instance, and it'd mean enemies might have to jump over it or destroy it (and AI won't jump unless they can fly)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 15, 2013, 12:51:00 PMHere is another idea (that I have no clue if it is possible) is a local dispenser. You could dispense a local (recon droid is what I'm thinking) and he will fight along side you until he runs out of energy!

Interesting idea, but I have no idea how that would work given that unit allegience is LUA-coded.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 15, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
Well, turrets are armedbuildings too, and they function fully (but the tripod-minigun hovers, hence me scrapping the idea). We know autofire works too because Napseeker demonstrated that in his BofC space map with the autofiring ship turrets (I think he set them to have quite a long cool-down cycle).
I know turret is armedbuilding. What I mean is that I haven't seen fully functional deployable turrets which used the armedbuilding classlabel. If you have found a way though, then excellent.

Quote from: Phobos on July 15, 2013, 12:58:56 PM
I know turret is armedbuilding. What I mean is that I haven't seen fully functional deployable turrets which used the armedbuilding classlabel. If you have found a way though, then excellent.

The only problem is the floating. Other than that, they do work, obviously. Without a way to force it into the ground though, it's pretty unusable. One possible idea might be to make a turret obey by having it spawned as a grenade 'explosion'.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 15, 2013, 01:07:24 PM
The only problem is the floating. Other than that, they do work, obviously. Without a way to force it into the ground though, it's pretty unusable. One possible idea might be to make a turret obey by having it spawned as a grenade 'explosion'.
That is what I meant by fully functional, as in just like the normal turrets you see in worlds, attached to ground. There are a few ideas you can test but classlabel coding in the exe pretty much control the floating.