[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is where you can find a working detpack: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=684
Or here, I don't know which is better. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6533.0

I was saying the Bolt Caster instead of the EMP launcher, then the commando pistol. Oh and make the Bolt Caster bounce from enemies more than the stock. I think your MPM 6/7(?)'s DN Bolt Caster went from enemy to enemy more than stock.

Not for you to copy mods but the Star Fire Mod made the Deka's gun different. Maybe you could give him sniper bullets instead, like a rapid fire sniper rifle but mounted on a Deka? I don't know, you're the modder. :slap:

I recall Sereja telling me that the disguise kit can't have a timer. :'(

Thanks for taking the feedback well. I've had some people tell me that they don't want to hear it, but that's after I make a giant list of my thoughts.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 20, 2013, 01:23:45 PM
Maybe you could give him sniper bullets instead, like a rapid fire sniper rifle but mounted on a Deka?
That sounds hilariously over-powered.

Oh ggctuk this is certainly grand, especially since you've been departed all this time.
The main thing I would suggest is... use this .tga.option code for the SWBF2 Imperial Officer unit
-maps 1 -format a8r8g8b8
to remove the over-contrasting of colours that occurs in-game.

i suggest buffing the shotgun ggctuk. maybe you could use something like i did for blaine with the modded bf2 shotgun assets (ill send if you want them PM me). its more powerful up close, but less effective at long range. thats why you have commando pistol as secondary.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 20, 2013, 01:36:32 PM
That sounds hilariously over-powered.

Oh ggctuk this is certainly grand, especially since you've been departed all this time.
The main thing I would suggest is... use this .tga.option code for the SWBF2 Imperial Officer unit
-maps 1 -format a8r8g8b8
to remove the over-contrasting of colours that occurs in-game.
I really don't think you should use the -maps 1 line, the texture will be at max quality without it. Your just creating an extra layer of something that isn't needed and could hamper performance. (Not everyone around here has GPUs capable of max settings.)

I really liked this mod. Its definitely a  good throw back to both BF1 and Bf2 with your own spice. The only thing I might suggest to consider is fire rate of the SBD and Clone Commander. Its not over powered, but it just seemed a little wierd that the SBD wrist blaster would fire that fast. That's just me opinion though, really excellent job. Replacing the assault class and combining it with the infantry class was genius to make room for another special class.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 20, 2013, 05:13:48 PM
I really don't think you should use the -maps 1 line, the texture will be at max quality without it. Your just creating an extra layer of something that isn't needed and could hamper performance. (Not everyone around here has GPUs capable of max settings.)
*Shrug* I didn't actually check which part of the code was the part responsible for reducing saturation... Ok the code but without that bit...!

The -maps 1 line is already inherent in the stock TGA Option files.

Trying to figure out secondaries for the Officer class. Suggestions?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Perhaps a vehicle dispenser of some sort? Speeder dispenser maybe?

Not too happy with the idea of a vehicle dispenser. It'd potentially make things too easy for one team. Plus I think it wouldn't work well on some maps IE Bespin, Kamino. A turret dispenser, maybe? Not an autoturret though, because that can't be done. (Another reason we need the source code - to fix the PilotType coding).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on June 21, 2013, 09:56:31 AM
Not too happy with the idea of a vehicle dispenser. It'd potentially make things too easy for one team. Plus I think it wouldn't work well on some maps IE Bespin, Kamino. A turret dispenser, maybe? Not an autoturret though, because that can't be done. (Another reason we need the source code - to fix the PilotType coding).
just to let you know you can control which maps allow dispensable vehicles to work through memory pools (set it to 0 on maps you don't want them to work on).
and yes we would need the source to add classlabel support for autofire to other classlabel types besides armedbuilding.

In a SWBFII mod one guy had a drop shield. He dropped it like an autoturrent then it projected a shield that you could hide in and shoot out until it ran out of energy.

A turrent dispenser could be very cool...

your probaly referring to dreadnot9's rising conflict mod. Its my favorite clone wars era mod for BF2, really well done. Anyway, that would be a cool idea.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 21, 2013, 10:09:31 AM
In a SWBFII mod one guy had a drop shield. He dropped it like an autoturrent then it projected a shield that you could hide in and shoot out until it ran out of energy.

I've seen this in other games as well.
It can be used strategically.

You can use it to create your own advance points.
The weakness is that it's stationary so it's easily flanked (by players or grenades.)

Several players using them in concert could effectively wall in an opponent and spam them with grenades.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 21, 2013, 10:09:31 AM
i vote that

Quote from: 411Remnant on June 21, 2013, 10:55:47 AM
your probaly referring to dreadnot9's rising conflict mod. Its my favorite clone wars era mod for BF2, really well done.
Yes this is my all time favorite mod for SWBFII. Right next to Dark Times II at place #1.

I didn't want to refer to the mod because I don't think a lot of people here play SWBFII mods. Twinkey we should set up a server one day and play together! :)

It's a really cool weapon, just yesterday I was playing Tantive IV as the CIS (on rising conflict CW mod) and the clones set up 2 of those drop shields right at a choke point and slaughtered my men. It was awesome. Imagine that weapon being used with human players!