[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think to install Battlefront 1 again....i am not sure.But i will try the maps and will see  :XD:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 18, 2013, 03:16:28 PM
You are not the only one!

I can't wait ggtuck! I might just re-download and play your Main Play Mod 6.0 cause I'm all hyped now.

It's going to be fairly different from Main Play Mod.

It ought to be up later today. Just tidying up a few loose ends, then I've got to test it. After that, I think we're good to go.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I've had a quick go, the new sides are fun (Disguise kit especially). I'm going to have a proper go when I get more time but I'm looking forward to the full release already. :tu:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Cool! When I have time I'll have to download and play this! Perhaps tonight...

I'll post my feedback, I'm glad this mod is getting along!

ill definitely try the endor map soon and post feedback

Can someone show and few pictures since i dont have BF1 on my computer for now.

i feel like the clone commando's skin is a bit too bright, then again, iv never liked bright reds or blues.

flame thrower didnt work out how i though it would its not that effective

Quote from: ϟƘƦƖןןΣx on June 19, 2013, 06:00:33 PM
flame thrower didnt work out how i though it would its not that effective

It's practically the same as the one in Main Play Mod. I just decreased the expiry time because I was experiencing effect overload on certain maps. A BF2-style flamethrower isn't possible as-is.

@Ltin: there is no Clone Commando. It's the Clone Sharpshooter in this mod, and it's Episode II skin is the ARC Trooper.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on June 20, 2013, 02:39:30 AM
A BF2-style flamethrower isn't possible as-is.

I do not think so, because, I use BF2 flamethrower effect, all the time.

You may find some odf, and fx samples here:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=eda031f891f0aeab67f79f683035412f&topic=6532.0
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on June 20, 2013, 02:39:30 AM
@Ltin: there is no Clone Commando. It's the Clone Sharpshooter in this mod, and it's Episode II skin is the ARC Trooper.
i meant the 5th unit, i couldn't remember what it was called. commander maybe?

This demo was interesting. If you want my honest opinion as testing lots of mods and playing many mods here it is.

Be warned I can be kinda rough but it's because I think this mod has lots of potential and I would like to see it be really cool.

Don't read unless you like criticism (good or bad).
[spoiler]Well, I was excited for this demo because I've been looking forward to this mod for some time. The unit choice is interesting and I like the current setup of units. It feels like this mod lacks new things. The MPM 6.0 has lots of new skins, weapons and vehicles for SWBFI. The units felt balanced in the MPM 6 and were all fun to play as. The units in the mod are mostly the same in terms of weapons, which could be good but it makes 1 or 2 play throughs the most I would want to play.
Now I'll go through the units:

Trooper Class
They're nice, I wouldn't change anything from them except lower the damage done by the Rocket Launcher. Since there are lots of this unit on the battlefield vehicles don't survive very long and thats a problem on Geonosis and Hoth when you need the AT-AT's and AT-TE's to blow up the destructible CP's.

Engineer Class
Meh, I think they were underpowered. Their shotgun wasn't fun to use and the time bombs kinda suck. I would suggest adding a detpack type weapon since that is new to SWBFI and could be fun to play around with, if not I would make the time bomb a lot more powerful.

Sniper Class
I liked the loadout for this class but it lacked anything new and/or unique to each class. MPM 6 droid sniper had a cool gun instead of a pistol etc.

Special Class
Jet Trooper: He was ok, I would give him something besides the EMP launcher to do something fun with it. Mabe a Bolt Caster?

Droideka: Come on (modders in general) let's change up the deka! Very few mods change this guy and if you are gonna put him in, edit him so that I want to play as him. If I wanted to play as the stock deka I wouldn't get a mod!
He's a cool class and I would keep him, but edit him to make him special from the stock deka.

Dark Trooper: I liked his flamethrower but it felt underpowered from the MPM 6.0 version. I would use Sereja's flamethrower since it would make the Dark Trooper a lot more fun to play as, and the flames go away fast so you wouldn't have to worry about memory etc.

Wookiee: I didn't really like him, his bowcaster was the same and I didn't feel like playing as him.

Officer Class:

Clone Commander: He was pretty cool to play as. I liked his new mine thing. But I got bored with him after a bit. Instead of a pistol it would be nice to see a new kind of weapon.

SBD: Now this guy, was awesome and fun to play as. He was way overpowered and his gun reloads super fast so you can endlessly fire. He does't match up to the Clone Commander and was a killing machine. I like him but his weapons should be toned down, way to powerful he is.

IMP officer: He was ok to play as. I liked the IMP officer in the MPM 6 better. Maybe a new weapon besides the mortar launcher. The AI don't use the weapon in close range where it is effective. Instead of a pistol a more fun weapon.

Bothan: This guy was fun! I liked him, but maybe something other than a pistol.

Heroes:
Now I don't know if you changed the heroes at all but it seems that one team's hero is really good and the other sucks.
Count Dooku needs to have his lighting damage lowered. Just look at how many kills he got on Geonosis when I played as the Republic.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

And Han Solo got many kills but Vader did nothing.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

So yea this mod has potential and I would love to see it be something totally new and great. Looking forward to the final version!
Remember you clicked on the spoiler so don't get mad at me for speaking my mind. :)[/spoiler]

I'm not mad at all. This is the sort of feedback I seek rather than "Oh it's cool" or "oh it sucks".

The final mod probably won't have quite as many vehicles as I tried to pack into MPM 7, but there's variation all the same. The vehicles are largely still in progress though - I'm experimenting with the fire rate on the AT-TE at the moment, and I want to make the Gunships a bit more impactful.

There are a few skins for the Republic: Episode II, Snow Trooper, Episode III, Galactic Marines. I dropped back on the legions in this mod because they were making it get a bit bulky.

Somebody made a fully-functioning detpack? That would be better than the time bombs. Could you provide a link so I can take a look for myself?

I think you're right on the torpedo launcher. It didn't seem quite so fair to have the AT-TEs slaughtered.

The Bolt Caster as secondary for the Jet Trooper? Not a bad idea at all.

The droideka's a tough nut. Technically, the game seems to class it as a walker, so it's limited to two weapons. I'd consider changing the laser cannon so that it's not rapid fire and more akin to the movie droideka.

I'll look into Sereja's flamethrower. That'd come in handy for the Fetts too given they wield flamethrowers.

I might look into giving the Sniper and Officer classes a unique weapon as a secondary for each side. I'll also investigate whether it's possible to assign a timer to the disguise kit so that it fades after a set amount of time: this way, you can use weapons with it, but you'll only have a short infiltration period. That'd enable me to use it as a secondary weapon too.
In Progress:

On Hold: