[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
True...

ggtuck, what kind of space map were you aiming for? A Hoth: Escape, Perugus Space type map? Or a Napseeker Battle Over Coruscant type map?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 28, 2013, 02:41:51 PM
True...

ggtuck, what kind of space map were you aiming for? A Hoth: Escape, Perugus Space type map? Or a Napseeker Battle Over Coruscant type map?

I was actually thinking of Napseeker's BoC map. That's why I mentioned how it looks like he worked around the limits.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Ok, because I wanted to mention that the BoC map doesn't have that much actual dog fighting...

That's more or less down to the fact that there usually are only four vehicles for one side at any one given time (I don't know if that can be changed, but as I understand it, in BF1, vehicles only respawn after they are destroyed). Given the space in the hanger, I would personally suggest adding a few more in ALA the old BF1 Space Endor map.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

That's a good idea. But there is also the problem of not recycling the ships (AI or humans not getting destroyed fast enough) and I think this could be fixed by addding the Bespin: Platforms Flak Turrents. Those kill me and a lot of AI, and if you have those accessible to the AI and they can get in them, you might have a decent space map on your hands!

I've started the process today of getting the units ingame, mainly involving putting them into a test map. Wednesday, if that's successful, then I need to focus on bringing those units into the main game, then after that, I'll be adding in my new campaign and BF2 maps.

Also, I'm considering changing the name to "Battlefront Celebration" in celebration of the reboot. What do you guys think?
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on June 17, 2013, 11:22:25 AM
Also, I'm considering changing the name to "Battlefront Celebration" in celebration of the reboot. What do you guys think?

Or 10 year aniversary :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Tenth Anniversary is next year, I hope to have it out sooner than that :P
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on June 17, 2013, 11:22:25 AM
I've started the process today of getting the units ingame, mainly involving putting them into a test map. Wednesday, if that's successful, then I need to focus on bringing those units into the main game, then after that, I'll be adding in my new campaign and BF2 maps.

Yay! Maybe a teaser video/release? :P

I may release a two-map demo version, probably Geonosis and Endor.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on June 17, 2013, 11:51:25 AM

Say, why don't ya hit up Remnant and ask him to make a video for your mod? :D

No No! A demo release is good, no need to make us painfully watch a video and wish we could play the mod. ;)

The demo will probably be released tomorrow.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Oh how thrilling, I am on the edge of my metaphorical seat!

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 18, 2013, 12:40:39 PM
Oh how thrilling, I am on the edge of my metaphorical seat!
You are not the only one!

I can't wait ggtuck! I might just re-download and play your Main Play Mod 6.0 cause I'm all hyped now.