[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's been since October since I posted anything relevant to do with this mod. I ahev not forgotten about it, no. My week off starts on Saturday, and I intend on finishing the mod during that week. Most of the groundwork's already laid out. It just needs compiling and testing. I must warn you guys not to expect the mod before February, mind, not least because it'll be a problem to find a preliminary uploader to host the finished mod, what with Mega gone.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Speedyshare.com ? You don't need any accounts, and you can delete the file whenever you like.

I'll check it out, thanks. ATM I'm using 4Shared but they require an account to download (free registration though)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

mediafire.com - Doesn't require an account for downloading, in browser uploading. If you make an account and as long as you login every month it won't delete files.

Google Drive - Requires an account for uploading but doesn't require you to have the client unlike Dropbox.

Or you could use the SWBFGamers FTP server.

dropbox is a good thing.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: SleepKiller on January 01, 2013, 04:06:28 PM
mediafire.com - Doesn't require an account for downloading, in browser uploading. If you make an account and as long as you login every month it won't delete files.

Google Drive - Requires an account for uploading but doesn't require you to have the client unlike Dropbox.

Or you could use the SWBFGamers FTP server.

I used to use MediaFire but it has an upload limit of 200MB, and has recently put in place a restriction of the download of multi-part archives.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Try using minus.com. You don't need an account and can upload pictures, rar zip etc. Of course if you do not have an account, the item will be deleted eventually. Free accounts also have 10GB.

I think your best bet is Speedyshare or getting the file FTP-ed here.

Today was just the base stuff getting done, just looking through and making changes to LUA and ODF files. I don't expect to have an operational version before Wednesday at the earliest. When I can, I'll post some screens.
In Progress:

On Hold:

If i use this ( or the main play mod) and it sends my battlefront down the drain, i can just re-install it and ill be fine right?

Yes, but there is no reason it would do that. I have successfully installed and uninstalled the MPM manually many times. If something goes wrong, it is probably on your side. :)

I'm not 100% sure how to do it but if you copy the files of your battlefront (not just the shortcut :) ) I think you can run 2 versions at once so you don't need to risk your main game. Although in my experience most mods are easy to remove and as you say at worst re-installing battlefront takes 15 minutes. Not that you would want to remove this mod. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 07, 2013, 08:32:30 PM
Yes, but there is no reason it would do that. I have successfully installed and uninstalled the MPM manually many times. If something goes wrong, it is probably on your side. :)
Im terrible at stuff like this, so im sure that would happen. I spent 3 hours trying to install the swbfgamers mod thingy, and in the end all i did was force myself to re-install battlefront

Make a copy of your entire battlefront game folder for a backup before you install major mods. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet