[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So ggtuck, how far are you to completing the lite? Do you need testers?

I've not even compiled a 'first build' yet! Given how hot it is lately, and given how much my laptop hates the heat (proven earlier when Battlefront slowed right down on me) it will take a while to get done.

When I'm ready, I will post. Not a moment sooner.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 24, 2012, 08:58:36 AM
I'm happy with the unit setup I have got now:

Soldier/Heavy
Engineer/Pilot
Sniper
Special
Officer
Certainly makes sense to fuse the soldier and heavy together, and the Officer tends to be my favourite class type.

I thought so too, it makes it kind of like BF2's Marine class, only now we can have it with the majority of the weapons both classes have. My setup is that they have the Blaster Rifle, Missile Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators and Mines (Obviously the SBD would have the Wrist Blaster and Tri-Shot in place of the Blaster Rifle and Blaster Pistol).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

July 24, 2012, 10:56:24 AM #79 Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:03:16 AM by kitfisto15678
Yes this will be the closest to a BF2 mod for BF1. I thought you were pretty far along from the previous posts when you were working on this...  :shrug:  You should make the engineer/ pilot have a detpack!! That would be awesome!!!

Hey Unit/Regent: now that you changed your name all the "Unit 33" stuff in the downloads is oblosete! Lol!

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 24, 2012, 10:56:24 AM
Yes this will be the closes to a BF2 mod for BF1. I thought you were pretty far along from the previous posts when you were working on this...  :shrug:  You should make the engineer/ pilot have a detpack!! That would be awesome!!!

Hey Unit/Regent: now that you changed your name all the "Unit 33" stuff in the downloads is oblosete! Lol!

It's not meant to be a BF2-style mod, although I can see why you'd think that given how I'm trying to stick to specific class layouts rather than the mess I came up with for the original Main Play Mod.

I've done most of the ODF/LUA work but it's still in its raw format. As I said, my current conditions are not ideal to test anything out yet.

I don't take requests for unit features as this is meant to be. I'm giving the Engineer a Time Bomb as I was going to before I cancelled the mod last time.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Ah. I think your main play mod is the closest thing to a BF2 mod, which is why I like it! I have a mac so I can't legally get SWBF2.  :'(

This is just a post to say that I haven't forgotten about this mod, things have just been a bit hectic lately, what with my new work contract (more hours) and finding my first car. I definitely will get this done, the majority of the work is done anyways.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 24, 2012, 11:07:46 AM
Ah. I think your main play mod is the closest thing to a BF2 mod, which is why I like it! I have a mac so I can't legally get SWBF2.  :'(

You can run windows on a mac and buy SWBF2.  very legal  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on September 29, 2012, 11:01:17 AM
You can run windows on a mac and buy SWBF2.  very legal  ;)
Yes, in fact my dad has the vmware software!  :cheer: ( although I have come to peace with wanting SWBF2 )
Quote from: ggctuk2005 on September 29, 2012, 10:55:22 AM
This is just a post to say that I haven't forgotten about this mod, things have just been a bit hectic lately, what with my new work contract (more hours) and finding my first car. I definitely will get this done, the majority of the work is done anyways.
GREAT!!! What car did you get? :XD:

It's a Peugot 306, a nice little car, and it wasn't as expensive as a Fiesta. Because of that, I've been spending time and money on the car when I'm not at work, and getting used to driving again after a year and a half of not driving. It's expensive being a young driver.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Nice!
P.S. When is this mods expected release date? Could we get some preview screenshots?  :happy:

I've not yet got anything up and running, and there is no release date. I've long since learned a release date is not such a good idea until you're certain you're finished. I will post screens in the future though once I've got the first build up and running.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I have finally decided on a 'get-my-bottom-in-gear' timeframe to get this done. However, it's a large undertaking, not least because I wish to incorporate several maps into the game. I'm just not sure which ones yet. I know I want the following:

Modified levels:
-Bespin: Platforms
-Kashyyyk: Docks
-Yavin IV: Arena

-Coruscant: Jedi Temple
-Coruscant: Streets
-Geonosis: Dust Plains
-Kamino: Cloning Facility
-Mustafar: Refinery
-Mygeeto: War-Torn City
-Naboo: Prototype
-Utapau: Sinkhole

I won't be including a new campaign at this time, and we shall have to see if there's a way to do space maps that works well enough given that when the number of reinforcements reaches the number of units on the field they all drop out of their vehicles.
In Progress:

On Hold:

October 02, 2012, 07:19:00 PM #89 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:24:15 PM by Kit Fisto
Could you please please please include Rends Coruscant City? ( one of my all time favorites! ) and possibly Jabba's Palace?
EDIT: why won't you include your perfect port of kashyyyk beachhead? And for the ports like Utapau, Kamino and Coruscant wil you be using SleepKillers? ( he was super nice and released the scripts for his maps! :cheer: )