How to Play SWBF1 on Mac 10.5.8 or higher

Started by Kit Fisto, October 28, 2012, 05:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for re-pinning Buckler!  :cheers:

I would try, it's just that I deleted that app and no longer posses the SWBFI PC copy.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 23, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Thanks for re-pinning Buckler!  :cheers:

I would try, it's just that I deleted that app and no longer posses the SWBFI PC copy.
omg kit  :slap:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

January 28, 2013, 08:35:24 PM #32 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:15:30 PM by Kit Fisto
Quote from: Buckler on January 23, 2013, 05:53:53 PM
Macs and PC using native Mac and PC software can not play together on GameRanger.  You would have to get a PC Gameranger emulator, play LAN option on SWBF PC on mac to play together now, unless Mac Gameranger would work with PC emulator on Mac.

Anyone care to try?  I would love to get our Mac friends back on line somehow.
Well I have re-installed this. So if I could get guidlines of if one of the wine experts ( AG *cough* ) would like to set something for me to try I would gladly try it!  :)

Ok I think I might know how to get Tuggle to work for me. Could someone temporarily upload the Tunggle application? Not the installation exe but the App itself?

February 15, 2013, 07:52:31 AM #35 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:41:19 PM by Ltin

Yes but through Direct Connection which no longer works because of stupid gamespy
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: [FC]Helios on February 15, 2013, 06:37:28 PM
Yes but through Direct Connection which no longer works because of stupid gamespy
i mean, its on gamerangers list of cross-platform compatibility games, gamespy is irrelevent in this part of the conversation.

Quote from: Ltin on February 16, 2013, 05:22:42 AM
i mean, its on gamerangers list of cross-platform compatibility games, gamespy is irrelevent in this part of the conversation.

It may be on GameRanger's list, but this list is not correct.   Nothing to see here, move along.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 13, 2013, 02:20:53 PM #39 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:44:18 PM by Kit Fisto
After looking through this tutorial one day I realized how messy and confusing it was. So I completely re-did it. So now (I hope) it is a lot easier to follow. The only thing missing is the new download. This includes just the port, plus an Installer which works a lot easier for installing the game. I am uploading the new version to media fire now. (just got an account)
I would appreciate it if the old download hosted here could get deleted, and the new one, uploaded here.

Link to delete: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=815

Link to upload: http://www.mediafire.com/?248rz7pqofp6rlf

This sounds cool. Is this just a way for people with PC versions of the game to play on Macs?

No it's the other way around. But now that Gamespy is gone the multiplayer is only good for LAN on the port.

But it works like a charm for singleplayer and it works on the latest Mac OS.

I see. GameRanger seems to still be working. If they can switch this around so pc users can play on the mac version, we can get some online games going again.

February 23, 2014, 03:59:36 PM #43 Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:42:56 PM by Dark_Phantom
-Shocks the topic back to life with a bump in the road-, CLEAR -ZAP-. Yea uh my parents Mac doesn't have a CD port :shrug:

DO NOT resurrect topics unless you have something constructive to add.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on February 23, 2014, 03:59:36 PM
-Shocks the topic back to life with a bump in the road-, CLEAR -ZAP-. Yea uh my parents Mac doesn't have a CD port :shrug:
Install SWBFI on a PC and transfer the "Gamedata" folder to your Mac. :)