Filefront is BACK!!!

Started by Breakdown, April 01, 2009, 10:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.

After learning about Ziff Davis Media's plan to shut down FileFront at the end of March, the original founders of FileFront made the decision to buy it back from Ziff Davis Media.

We're happy to announce to the gaming community that as of today, April 1st, 2009, FileFront is a completely independent company again and is no longer part of Ziff Davis Media. All previously suspended services should be active and working again. We thank Ziff Davis Media for their cooperation and willingness to keep the site and community alive.

Due to the very unfortunate timing of this event and related announcements on March 24th and April 1st (April Fool's Day), we'd like to make it perfectly clear that:

1) The March 24th announcement about FileFront shutting down was NOT an early April Fool's joke and Ziff Davis Media had every intention of shutting down FileFront by the end of March.

2) This announcement about the original founders buying back FileFront from Ziff Davis Media is also NOT an April Fool's joke.

3) We're making this announcement on April 1st because the deal was completed today and we want to bring all services back online immediately.

4) We would NEVER shut down FileFront as an April Fool's joke.

5) We are happy to be back!

FileFront has existed in one form or another (originally as FileLeech and Voodoo Extreme's downloads) since 1997. In the last 12 years, FileFront has become the gaming community's most comprehensive and trafficked library hosting millions of files for thousands of games while requiring no registration and providing uncapped download speeds. We look forward to improving FileFront and serving the gaming community for years to come.

Welcome home. Game On!

Email us, mailto:founders@filefront.com">founders@filefront.com

Enough said. :D

That was the most stressful* single week I think I've ever had.

*internet-related  :-P

great to see it has been picked up again!  At least if they crash and the building the backups are in burn down they can ask a helluva lot of ppl for all the files back....me included!

Yeah, have fun with the rush of "OMG APRIL FOOLS" comments on GT, Mav. :P *sarcasm*

Well, this is good though.

@ Dresh, you have a good point, use that as a counter to anyone that says "WOW I wasted ALL THIS time downloading stuff..JEEEZ..*

ROTFLOL! :-P

I just saw that too. Well, that was stressful. But I'm glad its back.

I just spent a few hours downloading tons of maps. Blah.

This makes me very, very happy.

#TYBG

Words cannot describe my anger, and at the same time, my happiness.

You mean I wasted all that time worrying about what I was going to do with all the files, the time installing everything, the time poring over everything to make sure it was alright and OK?

I mean, I'm happy to see it back and all, but geez...

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I feel for you Jedikiller.
I was blown away by the news myself... I thought, "Geez, they could have told us that someone might be buying filefront, keeping it open"
On the bright side, at least its all over with though. And the maps are all still there.
I'm just glad I don't have to redo all those links.  ;-)

Well, forget it. I'll still work on bringing up the downloads section, but at least we don't have to hurry much more.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Terrific. But at the same time crushing.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).