Server is stable but game browser says 9999 ping?

Started by Perongeluk, May 06, 2019, 12:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Basically what the title says, it is stable, a friend and me both have around 40-70 ping, but the browsers says 9999 ping, any ideas how to fix it?

You need a dedicated server for it to have a "real" ping.
NFO Servers is a good choice -- it's what we use.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Very fair, though I don't know if I have the money to keep the server up yet, nor do I have the know-how atm. I'll keep this one up for fun though! Thank you!

He is using dedicated software on a different pc, I thought there was a way?

I've got a vague memory of disabling firewalls but I could be thinking of Gamespy days.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Has to forward more ports. More details later
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

That would make sense, though I forwarded all the ports mentioned in the sticky

NAT with a router can cause some issues, but try to forward these ports to your game server:

27900-27920
and

You may be able to narrow down the port range if it works.

I will also note that even gamespy had this issue.  There was a "trick" to being able to join 9999 ping servers even, but it is not needed anymore since Kalle made Gamemaster (what we use for SWBFspy).

We also have a private forum for server hosts if you would like to be in it.  It is a little inactive, but we have discussions about server problems, etc.

If I can learn more about it sure! I added the ports, so hopefully that fixes it. The problem also isn't that you can't join, but it just says 9999 ping

Quote from: Perongeluk on May 06, 2019, 03:55:04 PM
If I can learn more about it sure! I added the ports, so hopefully that fixes it. The problem also isn't that you can't join, but it just says 9999 ping

Thanks.  There is a github release of Gamemaster that might also give some clues.  If you are an active programmer there are things that would be nice to add/fix.   :cheers: