Hosting SWBF with PC Dedicated Server Software (and Invincibility/Historical)

Started by Led, December 24, 2009, 12:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Buckler on December 24, 2009, 12:44:47 PM
The mapname is very important to get correct.  The folder is called tat3,
and the extension "c" is usually for CW era and the "a" is usually for the GCW era. However, some maps don't use this designation, and there is no way to know for sure if the mod map maker followed these conventions.  (Although you may try looking in the addme.script file to get some clues.)

Does this have anything to do with regular maps in the ticketing for the batches? Becuase I cannot figure out how to change it from CW to GCW.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Yes.  For stock maps, use the GUI and see what appears at the bottom when you press start.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

i feel bad for asking as many questions as i do here, but when i run the batch and the map ends, the server crashes, crashing my game too. Fix?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

make sure there are no extra spaces after the last maps reinforcement count:

bes2a 200 200<-------------nothing else after this, no spaces or enter button presses or anything

gotcha... thanks. All this hard work is coming together. thank you so much. :D
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

September 27, 2012, 05:04:07 AM #20 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:00:54 AM by {Recruit}FrenchFry
I have a quistion,my dedicated pc server stoped working again I re-downloaded it about 4 days ago and within two days it had stopped working again...idk why i can press start and see that the sever is loading and then it comes up with the name and the sides and units and stuff but when i enter back into the game it isnt there!

Edit: Thank you for the answers on my other thread :) i think that i know exactly what to do now :)

Another funny thing about invinciblity, if you go out of battlefield in a tank, and switch to the turret (the secondary slot that you can not drive the tank in)  you die.  Weird...

Well, it does say "enemy fire", and generally that assumes if you are in command of vehicle, or on foot. Secondary position in a vehicle and being in a turret, or end of map with no vehicle, are generally your dead-zones. :P

Quote from: Ltin on November 18, 2012, 09:46:59 AM
Is it possible to do the dedicated server thing with gameranger/tunngle?

Tunngle yes, GameRanger no (at least as far was we have been able to figure out).

Update 8/2015:  Scott from GameRanger has fixed it so we can use the dedicated server software for SWBF on GameRanger.

September 22, 2013, 12:20:32 PM #25 Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:37:42 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Do we know what the maximum throttle is for the app command line?
Also, is there a minimum? I need to set the range for a GUI slider test.
- I think what I just asked is irrelevant.. Because if I am thinking correctly, you do not want a slider for determining a bandwidth throttle amount..?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 22, 2013, 12:20:32 PM
Do we know what the maximum throttle is for the app command line?
Also, is there a minimum? I need to set the range for a GUI slider test.
- I think what I just asked is irrelevant.. Because if I am thinking correctly, you do not want a slider for determining a bandwidth throttle amount..?

In the GUI there is a discrete amount, maybe 6 values or so.  I do not know if it can be uncapped, or what would happen if you left off the value, or if you can set any value you want.

If you wanted to test this, then I would suggest that you set up a high TPS server and see what happens at various cap levels.

Quote from: Buckler on September 22, 2013, 01:30:03 PM
In the GUI there is a discrete amount, maybe 6 values or so.  I do not know if it can be uncapped, or what would happen if you left off the value, or if you can set any value you want.

If you wanted to test this, then I would suggest that you set up a high TPS server and see what happens at various cap levels.
Alrighty, thanks for the advice!
I might try to incorporate an advanced mode (Like a Menu-SubMenu option switch), so that more learned users would be able to use it as well..

Just thought I would point out that Portforwarding.com has removed their listings for portforwarding Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, most likely due to the Gamespy shutdown. I wouldn't be surprised that Portforwarding.com is unaware of Gamemaster.

I know how to portforward without that site's help, but I would recommend the thread be updated for the sake of others.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: chameleon on August 22, 2015, 07:41:45 PM
Just thought I would point out that Portforwarding.com has removed their listings for portforwarding Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, most likely due to the Gamespy shutdown. I wouldn't be surprised that Portforwarding.com is unaware of Gamemaster.

I know how to portforward without that site's help, but I would recommend the thread be updated for the sake of others.

initial post has been updated