[WIP] Naboo: City of Theed

Started by Sereja, December 11, 2016, 09:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow! That looks awesome! Great job!
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

As always, it will be worth the wait  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I would suggest more lighting and more plantgrowth on buildings and especially on balconies.  Great work btw.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Looking forward to this epic map :cheers:

That looks  :o AMAZING!  :cheer:
(and I can not even finish the small map I am making. ::))

Great work Sereja, I can not wait for this cool map to come out!
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

This map looks like it's going to be excellent. Very well done, Sereja!!!  :tu:
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

As impressive as always!
The years just fly past, don't they?

Holy cow !
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

The City of Theed is slowly growing and already have a nice looks. 8)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
As you can see, I rebuild the palace backward landing pad and make it more movie like.[spoiler][/spoiler]
Well, I had to put something in to the new tower, so here we have a holo planets now...[spoiler][/spoiler]
As I planimg before, I add some interriors from SWBFEA.[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Actually, this windowless corridors are very helpfull, since now I can make passways deep inside the palace.[spoiler][/spoiler]
The important part of the film - courtyard (ambush place).[spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler]
By making it I discover third palace entrance (the other two was main entrance and secret passage). If you remember the movie, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jar Jar Binks jump from the bridge on droid heads. But what are they doing on bridge? They can't get there only becouse they wish to make ambush, since they spotted a Queen Amidala, only when they already was upside. Seems they was there for some another reason. And those reason could be much clear if we watch deleted scene on YouTube. After they leving bongo and possibly lost Jar Jar :(, they appear in front of third palace entrance from the right side of palace complex.[spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler]
Actually, just like a Caserta Palace, this place is realy exist and calls Hever Castel Loggia. Possibly the third entrance was well guarded or just locked, so they most likely desided to get inside the palace by going up thru the near by buildings, like those courtyard bridge
So now we can manage to continue their unfinished way to the palace.[spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler]
Also I may say the meditation level is still minimal, but it increases with any new path, so perhaps I will be not able to put everything all in this map... Known bug for now: primitive collisions are freezeng the map, so yes they are also have a count limit :whip:. Carefull with them, guys...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

You're making a really awesome map Sereja! :D

What I like most are the details of the interior of the palace, they are very similar to those of the film. Also the hall where Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Jar Jar Binks jump to destroy the security droids and cover the Queen Amidala! Really cool, really!  :tu: :tu: :tu:
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

You have made a stunningly beautiful map, Sereja. It looks just like the movie!  :tu:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

This is.... This is.... This is.... INSANE !  :o
That is obviously the best map I have ever seen in my life, all games involved here, it is a beauty. Jaw dropped.
You deserve a medal. I can't even imagine what it would look like in the CryEngine.
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

August 16, 2017, 12:43:13 AM #42 Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:07:47 AM by Gistech
I wonder if this trick would be of use to you, Sereja.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12191.0

It might help bypass the collision primitives issue.

Failing that, I wonder if an idea might be to turn it into two maps: the main city being one and the hangar/courtyard being another.
In Progress:

On Hold:

That's the thing I love about your maps, Sereja, they always push Battlefront's engine to it's limits. I'm surprised It's able to handle that SWBFEA interior, even if It's scaled down a bit in poly count.

Quote from: Antstafer on August 17, 2017, 01:11:27 PM
That's the thing I love about your maps, Sereja, they always push Battlefront's engine to it's limits. I'm surprised It's able to handle that SWBFEA interior, even if It's scaled down a bit in poly count.

It's not a rip. He's recreated it by hand.
In Progress:

On Hold: