unread posts since last visit not working

Started by Ltin, August 15, 2016, 09:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I leave my account logged in on my laptop most of the time.
If i come back to the site and i click on the button that says "Show unread posts since last visit." It doesn't work. Except in the rare time it does. If i were to then click on show all unread posts everything is there.
I haven't noticed a pattern to when it does/doesn't work, and it only happens when i come back while already logged in.
Is this a result of how the site treats staying logged in, or is this a fixable issue?

I'm online for long hours of the day with my PC, I don't notice this issue. Perhaps it's a permission issue or something? I realized that when a friend of mine logs onto the website, they can't see Member Only boards until I add them to the YAK board (if they're in YAK). I'm not sure though, I'm no admin.

Only solution I could think of that you could possibly look into is changing onto a different browser? Hopefully that helps?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

hmm, I am not sure what the issue is.  To be honest, I just refresh my page and look at new topics on the home page (upper right).
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 15, 2016, 06:16:26 PM #3 Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:23:29 PM by tirpider
Troubleshooting fun. I'm in.

I've noticed a sort of 'time out' where unread posts will stop showing up on the show unread posts page after a day or so. Maybe longer. I only noticed the behavior and never timed it.

The forum index page will still show indicators that a particular subforum has unread posts.

I alternate between staying singed in and not.

edit: not much for troubleshooting this  though. I've no insight into how the forums guts work.
Guess that's my post for the year.

It would appear that it only occurs if i close the browser window (probably if i were to navigate away as well)
It works fine if leave the window open.