SWBFgamersUpdate 1.0 Public Beta Release

Started by Led, January 03, 2012, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Today was my first time on a PC server and my greeting was a flying droid and a welcome rocket from Dbiz. :o

I use the same name as on PS2, just tirpider.

I'm still getting used to the mouse and keyboard again.

heh   ;)

You can use a controller for PC, but we run with aim assist turned off.

I will keep an eye out for ya :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

January 05, 2012, 04:53:53 PM #17 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:02:07 PM by tirpider
I'm waiting for an adapter for my dualshock.
But the mouse/numpad has a better feel.
I'll probably do both off and on.

heh, the auto aim. Sometimes it wont let go of a target and you can't turn (ps2.)
Best to just aim for heads.

Regarding the update:
Is there anything special that needs to be done to get the update into the dedicated server?
And can folks without the update join if it's hosting a common map?

(I got another machine that hosts my ps2 server and thought I'd put the PC server on it for good measure.)

-edit nm. it dawned on me that this is beta, and the answers I seek are obvious. (no and no)
Please forgive my tired.

January 05, 2012, 05:09:09 PM #18 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:28:29 PM by Buckler
oh, sure you can host.  You will need the dedicated server software, and need to use batch files to start it (anyone care to program a GUI for me ?  :) )

The update must reside inside of LVL_PC just like for players.  The could play common maps, but they would crash for other maps.  It all comes down to what is in mission.lvl.

I can explain all of that.  (here is the link about batch files, etc:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=1375.0 )

And really what you need is the for the server and players to all have the mission file and the other files in the right spot.

I bet you could host this on PS2 also.

Just let me know if you need any help.

Hello everyone!
Buckler, couldn't u make a torrent with files, please? That's more easy-to-use for you and for downloaders.

P.S. I dont speak english very well.

Hi Herve,

Thanks  for coming to SWBFgamers.com. 

I wanted to bring people here to get the file and information, in the case that they had any questions and to see what else the site has to offer.  Also, since this is a beta release  there will be some updates and I wanted to make sure people know where to get them.

The other reason is that I just don't know much about torrents :)

Quote from: tirpider on January 05, 2012, 04:53:53 PM

(I got another machine that hosts my ps2 server and thought I'd put the PC server on it for good measure.)

I was under the impression Lucas Arts puled the plug on hosting servers for the PS2 with this game.  Unless its for BF2,  which i still play occasionally and would like to know what server you host.

BTW sorry about  the welcome rocket  ;)

i tried to install it but i dont think it worked im sure i did every thing right. i am using the PC bf1 on win7

I think the server thats currently up is the jet droid server. Did you get the patch? http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=419
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

might that have something to do with the fact that i hace 32 bit java on a 64 bit computer? and the patch thing might be it, ill try it

Right now, it is multiplayer only--I need to get back to it :)

im think i did the patch correct but if i try to join the server, battlefront closes and i get the massage battlefront.exe has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution to the problem. did i do something wrong? :confused:
EDIT: wow, so many grammar errors

Just to confirm the server works for me at the moment. Do you have xfire Ltin? I can try and help you over that if you want.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Ltin on July 07, 2012, 08:01:32 AM
im think i did the patch correct but if i try to join the server, battlefront closes and i get the massage battlefront.exe has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution to the problem. did i do something wrong? :confused:
EDIT: wow, so many grammar errors
The server that is out now requires the Jet droid patch http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=419 The readme in the download tells how to post it in game.
When all else fails. Blow it up.

Quote from: ComCody on July 07, 2012, 08:14:39 AM
The server that is out now requires the Jet droid patch http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=419 The readme in the download tells how to post it in game.
My post said i had the patch, so thats not the problem.