Multiplayer, choose connection type

Started by «ΙΞ¢KØ», January 26, 2013, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
anyone have the same problem of still automatically hitting online, and then, sadly remembering there mistake back out and choose lan instead?  :confused:
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on January 26, 2013, 07:14:13 PM
anyone have the same problem of still automatically hitting online, and then, sadly remembering there mistake back out and choose lan instead?  :confused:
lol yes  :XD:. but i modded my shell so that when i hit internet it goes to LAN mode anyway. :)

no not reallyy but  i kinda wish i could Remove that buttion

I more or less have problems with hitting Direct Connection.  :shrug:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Nobility on January 26, 2013, 07:22:27 PM
I more or less have problems with hitting Direct Connection.  :shrug:
Quote from: Nɪɴᴇ-ʙᴀʟʟ on January 26, 2013, 07:16:09 PM
no not reallyy but  i kinda wish i could Remove that buttion
Put this script into your shell.lvl builder and munge. Only the LAN button will show up now (internet and DC buttons removed). There u go  ;)

Nice Phobos, nice  :tu: I could press the shortcut on my desktop and be in a server in 20 seconds back in the day. I new right where to move the mouse and just click click click lol I hit the internet button so many times right after the servers went down. Not as much now.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: Phobos on January 26, 2013, 07:24:04 PM
Put this script into your shell.lvl builder and munge. Only the LAN button will show up now (internet and DC buttons removed). There u go  ;)

sweet

Not really. Sometimes, well all the time, my laptops clicking thing on the swbf menu goes up and down, so I have to time it to hit LAN some times I miss and hit online or direct connection. Sometimes I forget to turn tunngle on and go straight to LAN lol.

I havent't played MP in over 2 months or so, but every now and then when I'm about to test a modmap I almost select Multiplayer. :P

Quote from: Phobos on January 26, 2013, 07:24:04 PM

I hate to be a burden, but if you're only going to leave One option on that page, why not just skip the page all together? Like when you hit Multiplayer it goes straight to LAN.  :shrug:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

January 26, 2013, 08:12:31 PM #11 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:36:40 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Nobility on January 26, 2013, 07:57:31 PM
I hate to be a burden, but if you're only going to leave One option on that page, why not just skip the page all together? Like when you hit Multiplayer it goes straight to LAN.  :shrug:
sure thats possible but a bit more complex ill look into it

Ok well I tried a few ideas and couldn't get it to work  :(

Quote from: Roxas on January 26, 2013, 07:53:50 PM
Nope. I'm quick to adapt.
maybe just 'cant teach an old dog new tricks'
(according to that other thread anyone born before 92 is old)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Getting those reconstructed scripts to pull up extra/less buttons for Multiplayer is a pain  :dry:
Play around in the shell and you find that Galactic Conquest was intended for Multiplayer too.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on January 27, 2013, 08:55:42 AM
Getting those reconstructed scripts to pull up extra/less buttons for Multiplayer is a pain  :dry:
Play around in the shell and you find that Galactic Conquest was intended for Multiplayer too.
this is true. multiplayer was also supposed to support splitscreen but they abandoned it