Woods: Search and Destroy (1.0)

Started by (Wusi)Trooper X, November 19, 2014, 02:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Woods: Search and Destroy (1.0)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1218

Creator: BHF_Breakdown
Description: The following is from the original web page:

"Woods: Search and Destroy," by BHF_Breakdown, is a rare attempt at an objective-based map for SWBF1. While (and of course there is this caveat) I don't own the game, it certainly seems like a vast majority of maps for SWBF1 are strictly "conquest" maps. It's always nice to see a little bit of an attempt to change that every once in a while.
In this map, each team is given the "objective" to hunt down the opposing team's cargo and destroy it, all the while protecting their own. Similar to any number of "siege-type" maps, I'm sure this could be a fun thing to try in MP (although no doubt the AI will let you down in singleplayer).
Sound appealing? Give it a try!
-Mav

How to Install: Open file with 7 zip or WinRAR and place the folder named yav3 in your AddOn folder. The AddOn folder is located most of the time here C:Program Files (x86)LucasArtsStar Wars BattlefrontGameDataAddOn
Need to tell me anything about this file just leave a comment!
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

November 19, 2014, 02:18:28 PM #1 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:54:08 PM by ևltimσ
I'm certainly a big fan of S&D style modes, so I'm giving this one a shot. Maybe, if I can get my laptop running for it and I like the map, I'll set up a dediserver for it.

EDIT:
Here's my Review of Woods: Search and Destroy

Nope, No dediserver going up for this... However the map seems to be fairly well spaced, which is what an S&D game needs, but the gameplay certainly lacks. My biggest concern is about the very deep river that flows through the middle of the map, something the AI constantly mistake for being shallower. A lot of the AI end up drowning in that river unless they manage to map their way onto one of the 2 bridges, which is the small one borrowed from Yavin 4: Temple. The bridge certainly fits well into the game, along with other assets from Yavin 4: Temple and Endor. On the Rebel team, there are two very-ugly-green structures that must be taken from CC, repainted, and slapped on the map. The interior colors and layout the same as CC's.
The objectives are 4 crates, 2 for each team, and the opposing team must destroy the enemy's crates. These crates take massive amounts of damage to destroy, very similar to the damage that must be given to destroy Hoth's Echo Base, or the CIS ships on Geonosis: Spire. There are no working vehicles on the map that could help destroy these crates, however there are 3 un-usable TIE fighters sitting at one of the Imperial spawns. The crates can really only be destroyed by the ShockTrooper/Vanguard, since they carry the explosives, and the only other class has just a Sniper rifle, assualt rifle, mines, and a repair gun.
Way out to the side of the map is a command post that cannot be reached by any means, and is presumably there so that the map can actually run. Thankfully, the objectives are so much closer than the CP that the AI will only go for the objectives. The AI also do some things that don't normally happen during Single Player gameplay, which is going into prone position. Finally, only about 10 AI spawn during Sinlge Player, which makes a game pretty long when playing a big map with 200 reinforcements and some really tough to destroy crates.

Overall, I rate this map 4/10, because the gameplay is whack.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper