Help with (widescreen?) resolution support

Started by Shaking_Sniper, May 29, 2017, 12:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey population of SWagBattleFront(see what i did there?).
I need some help with getting screen resolutions higher than 1200xblah blah blah.
I am currently using a mac port to play( from kit fisto) and just started the game.Checked the video settings and my resolution wasn't supported :(.

my resolution is 1680 x 1050 (i think thats widescreen?Have no idea when to use that word...).
If the solution requires for me to open up a document and fiddle with it, it would be nice if that doc can be opened by TextEdit(default editor of macOs).

Thanks.
Generic Sig goes here

Ok,finally found the Belkin custom resolution launcher.
Only propblemo is that I don't know how to make the port start the game thought the launcher exe.
Don't forget I'm a Mac user.
Generic Sig goes here

Thank you, but, where do I input the command?
Does SWBF have an in-game console?
Generic Sig goes here

no thats swbf1, and as for where you "input" the command, read the website

Quote from: xMichael on June 02, 2017, 02:49:45 PM

SWBF1 does not take a resolution command, only SWBF2.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

June 03, 2017, 03:22:16 AM #7 Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:43:51 AM by Anyder
Quote from: xMichael on June 02, 2017, 02:49:45 PM

Mac does not have the ability to view properties.You can use the "get info" option on mac but I don't know what to do for there.Plus,the .exe file is for windows.

Thank you so much for your help though.

Quote from: Led on June 02, 2017, 04:01:25 PM
SWBF1 does not take a resolution command, only SWBF2.   :cheers:

Are you sure?
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront

Whether it accepts or not through the shortcut,I won't work on Mac though.
Is Kit Fisto still active?He should be able to know how to configure the port to launch through battlebelks custom launcher exe instead of battlefront.exe.

Edit by Anyder: Use the edit button rather than posting a new reply.
Generic Sig goes here

June 03, 2017, 04:36:17 AM #8 Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 04:38:16 AM by xMichael
I dont have swbf1 installed right now but that website doesnt lie I think. It also says you have to have the latest patch Star Wars Battlefront Version 1.3.

As for Mac, google is your friend, apparently there are many ways to make parameters work on mac. there are some here: https://superuser.com/questions/16750/how-can-i-run-an-application-with-command-line-arguments-in-mac-os

also in the tweakguide website I linked, read the vidmode.ini part, might be another way to enable resolutions

Quote from: xMichael on June 03, 2017, 04:36:17 AM
I dont have swbf1 installed right now but that website doesnt lie I think. It also says you have to have the latest patch Star Wars Battlefront Version 1.3.

As for Mac, google is your friend, apparently there are many ways to make parameters work on mac. there are some here: https://superuser.com/questions/16750/how-can-i-run-an-application-with-command-line-arguments-in-mac-os

also in the tweakguide website I linked, read the vidmode.ini part, might be another way to enable resolutions

Thank you so much!
Generic Sig goes here

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on June 03, 2017, 03:38:11 AM
Are you sure?
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront

I am absolutely sure.  That page is maintained by SWBF2 people that don't play SWBF1.  And 1.3 is a SWBF2 version.

SWBF1 has a 1.3 beta, but it only works for players that have the original game CD's due to DRM.

The only solution to widescreen for SWBF1 is with Battlebelks tool, which likely won't work for a Mac due to direct memory access.

A more likely solution is for him to use a windowed mode with a 4:3 aspect ratio that does not distort the view.  If he can get command line options to work, he can try using /win to start the game in windowed mode.

Quote from: xMichael on June 02, 2017, 06:07:10 AM
http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB_7.html

try the /resolution cmd line switch

and if you read that page, you will see that the /resolution is for the *game server* window, not the game client (player) window.  SWBF2 however, has a command line switch for the client.

I am only trying to limit the spread of misinformation, which can make people frustrated when they try something that I know won't work.

The resolution I use is already in SWBF 2,but thanks for helping out.And besides,an inch of black on the sides of my game isn't that bad.
Generic Sig goes here

on the tweakguide page its under cmd line switches(server commands are above it) and shows the game directory (not the server manager one) as the correct location also pcgaming wiki says this:  These solutions may not work with all versions.

Did you try the parameter on 1.3 patch ? Because the website states all that information is just for that patch.

If they really are lying, does the lua callback ScriptCB_SetResolution work? Did anyone try it?

Quote from: xMichael on June 03, 2017, 03:05:16 PM
on the tweakguide page its under cmd line switches(server commands are above it) and shows the game directory (not the server manager one) as the correct location also pcgaming wiki says this:  These solutions may not work with all versions.

Did you try the parameter on 1.3 patch ? Because the website states all that information is just for that patch.

If they really are lying, does the lua callback ScriptCB_SetResolution work? Did anyone try it?

XMichael,

I have examined the exe for command line switches.  There is no support for the resolution command in the player exe file.  If there were, I would have let everyone know about it already.  There is no 1.3 for SWBF1.  Only 1.3 beta, and as I have mentioned already, it will only work with the original game CD's (not even DVD). 

Battlebelks resolution changer is a hack in the true sense of the word.  He found the memory address to make the appropriate changes.

Move along.