Hi there BFII Community!

Started by Thor110, September 25, 2017, 06:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just prefer the gameplay, the rocket troop is better and grenades are more fun in number one because you can use them to jump. Also it has the cloud city map.:)

I don't like the way number 2 rewards the top players with better troops either and the jedi unbalance the game.

I still enjoy number 2 but it says a lot that I've played it for 200 hours instead of 2000 on number 1 although those numbers probably say I have too much spare time regardless. ;)

In terms of mods I've played very few for battlefront 2 but I haven't seen anything that beats serejas for number one.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

September 25, 2017, 02:02:39 PM #16 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:09:02 PM by Thor110
Of course, how could I forget about how unbalanced the Jedi made BF2!

I forgot that you could not play them in the first one.

Perhaps it might be worth porting many of those features to BF2 :)
That gives me some things to think about for my mod, I will definitely think about changing the reward system, perhaps even removing Jedi as playable altogether.

How exactly are the Rocket Troops better? Grenades to jump :o that sounds dangerous :p

Someone must have ported the cloud city map by now? There are 1 or 2 conversions of the BF1 maps that I have seen.

I definitely have to get myself a copy of the game now :)

Thank you for the welcome Nyx, I am hoping to stick around for a while and dive into BF2 modding, perhaps even BF1 modding by the looks of it.

If anyone is interested in joining me in my endeavour let me know, take a poke around and read some of the posts I have made regarding the mod I wish to make and let me know what you can or can't do :)

I for one can't do anything technically at the moment, but I studied game design and have worked with various engines, made many a silly map for myself and played about with many a tool, texture editor, model editor and other such programs / tools.

Nothing impressive to show off for you all though I am afraid, I lose a lot of the things I make and give up on a lot of them also, the best thing I have lying around anymore is a flash game I made some years ago that never got finished either :p
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" - Gray Fox

Actually, all BF1's maps were ported to BFII by the total conversion mod ;)

But... They don't feel the same anymore, they have the same size and everything, even the same textures, I dunno, it doesn't feel identical.

Welcome aboard anyway man !
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

Quote from: Incognito on September 25, 2017, 02:13:58 PM
Actually, all BF1's maps were ported to BFII by the total conversion mod ;)

He's talking about Ginev's mod maps for SWBF1, not stock SWBF1 maps.  Ginev's maps have not been ported and it would be extremely unlikely that they would be, since even Ginev does not even have the assets any more.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Actually in that case I was on about the stock maps :) ^^ I had forgotten how different BF1 and BF2 were and we were discussing the differences.

Quote from: Led on September 25, 2017, 02:36:53 PM
He's talking about Ginev's mod maps for SWBF1, not stock SWBF1 maps.  Ginev's maps have not been ported and it would be extremely unlikely that they would be, since even Ginev does not even have the assets any more.
We could ask him if we can unmunge.
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

It's always a shame when assets are lost :( I was hoping to extract everything I needed out of the files.

Welcome!  :cheers:--(generic welcome.)

te modders welcome yar!  :pirate:--(pirate welcome)

umm... hej! :happy:--(my welcome.)
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer