Weapon Sound Issue

Started by Intraventian, July 12, 2017, 08:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm new to modding this game, but I've begun working on a minor Republic side mod and one of the things I'm trying to change is the firing sound for the AT-TE's main gun from what it is now to the AAT's missile firing sound. However, when I change the sound from "rep_weap_walk_atte_turret_fire" to "cis_weap_hover_aat_missile_fire", instead of changing the sound, it is now silent.

I suspected it wouldn't be as straightforward as that, but I haven't found a way to fix it. I thought it had something to do with the sound being from a different side, but I also tried using the proton bomb firing sound from the V-Wing as a substitute and was met with the same result. Clearly it's more complicated than I thought.

Can anyone explain the mechanics at play here and how to get it working properly?

September 25, 2017, 02:01:03 AM #1 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 01:08:43 PM by Javier
Well the AT-TE sounds are on two maps, obviously on Geonosis ("sound \\ geo.lvl; geo1cw") and Rhen Var ("sound \ rhn.lvl; rhn1cw") if you try to do it on another map the sounds will move, or you can create another "sound.lvl" and add the missing sounds, or delete the line of your map (in LUA) and add one of the ones that I mentioned. Sorry for the bad written use of the google translator.

Each side has its own sounds, which are loaded by the Mission.lvl file into the game, as an example,vanilla Clone Wars levels loads CIS and REP sounds and assets, which allows one to swap sounds to their liking. If you cross sides, the files won't load unless you specify it in the level file inside the mission.lvl file, resulting in the weapon going silent.
I assume that you have tried to cross sides since that issue happens only when making a typo or forgetting to load a file in the mission.lvl
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING