My ideas to improve EA Star Wars Battlefront.

Started by Rayce, September 26, 2016, 10:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: DylanRocket on October 02, 2016, 02:08:16 PM
Probably. It might be possible for Uninspired_Zebra to start it as he was able to join an online match with an unreleased skin. Perhaps he could get killed with the BO-Rifle and then it'll be available early for PC players lol.

Are you sure that was a multiplayer server?

It could be one of those unreleased modes that has AI including hero AI?
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Nyx on October 02, 2016, 02:11:05 PM
Are you sure that was a multiplayer server?

It could be one of those unreleased modes that has AI including hero AI?

It was online, he said so in the comments.

Quote from: DylanRocket on October 02, 2016, 02:17:49 PM
It was online, he said so in the comments.

Yeah, but if you think about it. Dice employees could make it so that only they drop it first by having it linked to their accounts, and then once others get it only they can drop it.

That'd make the most sense.

Just to forewarn, I believe that everything in the entire game is wrong. Also, I'll probably repeat a bunch of points that others have already said.
1. Fun should trump canon. Just because there aren't laser shotguns in canon doesn't mean it can't be in the game.
2. Make the game less casual. Some argue that SWBF2 was also casual, but I think we can all agree here that it's definitely not.
3. There needs to be an actual class system, not a custom one. It's easier to balance, and it gives players roles on the battlefront.
4. Similar to the fun trumps canon, just because a battle didn't necessarily take place there, that doesn't mean it can't be a map. Mos Eisley and Mustafar anyone? They seem to sort of understand this now after seeing the DLCs.
5. Remove all the gimmicky gamemodes, and just give us conquest and team death match.
6. Give us Clone Wars.
7. Stop trying to remove all attatchment from the old games. Just call it Instant Action. Why call it Skirmish? And place the camera over the head like in the old games, not over the sholder. It really annoys me for some reason.
8. Design the map around fun-ness, not movie accuracy.
9. Space to ground battles. After seeing, alpha footage of Free Radical's SWBF3, it's definitely possible and can be done well.
10. Similar again to fun trumps canon, give us rebel tanks. Imperials having AT-STs on Bespin and Rebels having nothing is unacceptable.
11. Give us better flying controls. The BF4 flying controls are great. Don't fix something that ain't broken.
12. Value gameplay over the player's "Star Wars battle fantasy." Ugh. Once the and wow wears off, theres really nothing left.
13. Focus more on content than graphics. Graphics are another one of the "wows" that wears off very quickly. I'd rather have more maps at launch that picture perfect graphics.

I could probably go on, but I'd be beating a dead horse. And it's ok if you actually like the game, but the drastically diminished player base (at least on PC) proves that most don't.

A reply to number 4: The Death Star space flying map is based at Geonosis. The scene that happens at Yavin 4 actually happens at Geonosis in the game.

6: Will never happen as Disney despises the clone wars.

12: EA only values money.

7: They never intended to make the game like the originals, which was a mistake.

1: I agree, but the bow rifle is apparently going to be in the game.

11: Never tried it, but the controls need to be improved. It's like they were only aiming for people to use controllers.

Quote from: Nyx on October 03, 2016, 10:36:01 AM
A reply to number 4: The Death Star space flying map is based at Geonosis. The scene that happens at Yavin 4 actually happens at Geonosis in the game.

;)
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

LOL, I actually intended this thread to just be about my list. But, whatever. :P
Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM
1. Fun should trump canon. Just because there aren't laser shotguns in canon doesn't mean it can't be in the game.
I agree. There's also the fact that everything introduced in the game (except the scenarios) is supposed to be canon anyway.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM2. Make the game less casual. Some argue that SWBF2 was also casual, but I think we can all agree here that it's definitely not.
SWBF2 NOT casual? I'm sorry, but the whole series is like the very definition of casual. I actually find DICE's version to be the most challenging out of all of them.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM3. There needs to be an actual class system, not a custom one. It's easier to balance, and it gives players roles on the battlefront.
Not necessarily. There have been billions of times i have used classes outside of their typical roles, such as using the engineer to assault the objective. There are also ways to give players roles without classes. Such as an idea of mine I plan to add to the list.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM4. Similar to the fun trumps canon, just because a battle didn't necessarily take place there, that doesn't mean it can't be a map. Mos Eisley and Mustafar anyone? They seem to sort of understand this now after seeing the DLCs.
I agree with this.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM5. Remove all the gimmicky gamemodes, and just give us conquest and team death match.
Why not have both? I like the "gimmicky" gamemodes.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM6. Give us Clone Wars.
Quote from: Nyx on October 03, 2016, 10:36:01 AM
6: Will never happen as Disney despises the clone wars.
Oh really? Then explain to me why there is so much Clone Wars stuff in Rebels, the new comics, books and mobile games?

That said, I don't think they'll add Clone Wars to this game, but I could see it happening in the next one.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AMJust call it Instant Action. Why call it Skirmish?
Why does it matter? It's the same thing.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AMAnd place the camera over the head like in the old games, not over the sholder. It really annoys me for some reason.
That can be easily corrected in the FOV options.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM8. Design the map around fun-ness, not movie accuracy.
I don't see why a map can't be both fun and movie-accurate. I think a lot of the existing maps are.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM9. Space to ground battles. After seeing, alpha footage of Free Radical's SWBF3, it's definitely possible and can be done well.
Agreed.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM10. Similar again to fun trumps canon, give us rebel tanks. Imperials having AT-STs on Bespin and Rebels having nothing is unacceptable.
Again I agree.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM11. Give us better flying controls. The BF4 flying controls are great. Don't fix something that ain't broken.
*Jumps into BF4 multiplayer match to compare flight controls to SWBF*

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM12. Value gameplay over the player's "Star Wars battle fantasy." Ugh. Once the and wow wears off, theres really nothing left.
Hmm... it hasn't for me, yet.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM13. Focus more on content than graphics. Graphics are another one of the "wows" that wears off very quickly. I'd rather have more maps at launch that picture perfect graphics.
See above.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AMAnd it's ok if you actually like the game,
Well, that's a nice change of pace. It seems like a most of the people bashing the new game think those who don't are idiots.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AMbut the drastically diminished player base (at least on PC) proves that most don't.
Not according to Metacritic and Amazon.

Well, Rebels is an exception. I think they know that they can trust Dave Filoni to make sure it isn't too much. But, I've read a few things of Disney not liking the prequels. But, I also read through EASWBF forums and many people on there want the CW but many people also say it will not happen as the contents of the next game have been semi-confirmed.

Quote from: Nyx on October 03, 2016, 01:27:53 PM
Well, Rebels is an exception. I think they know that they can trust Dave Filoni to make sure it isn't too much. But, I've read a few things of Disney not liking the prequels.
It's not just Rebels, there's also the new comics and mobile games, which aren't directly related to Rebels.
Quote from: Nyx on October 03, 2016, 01:27:53 PM
But, I also read through EASWBF forums and many people on there want the CW but many people also say it will not happen as the contents of the next game have been semi-confirmed.
All that's confirmed is that it will feature stuff from the sequel trilogy. It's possible the game features multiple eras like the old Battlefronts. We don't know  :censored: about it yet. We don't even have a name.

Quote from: Auggie on October 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM
2. Make the game less casual. Some argue that SWBF2 was also casual, but I think we can all agree here that it's definitely not.

I actually lol'd out loud.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

Updated with another idea of mine:
QuoteCombat Roles
One thing I always found annoying is how hard it is to communicate with teammates in public multiplayer matches, especially on consoles. Another is when I want to attack the objective but my partner is sniping. What I propose would fix both of these problems. My idea is for there to be a new system of 'combat roles', in which the player's teammates would see an icon over the player's head, telling them what said player plans to do in the battle. Options could be Defense (a sheild), Offense (a blaster?), Sniper (a crosshair), Anti-Vehicle (Ion symbol) and Medic (a swiss cross, or the SW equivalent seen in TCW). That way, everyone on a team knows what each other is doing, and your partner could be chosen based on the your current role. This could also determine the kind of power-ups the player gets. For example if your role is set to 'Defense', you'll get mostly Personal Shields, Droids and Turrets.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on October 10, 2016, 07:09:14 PM
Updated with another idea of mine:

Knowing what someone plans on doing before the match matters very little when considering how often people change classes in SWBF2. I think the same should be assumed for all games pretty much. Nobody plays solely one thing, but if there's a way to mid-match change your approach that wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

Quote from: Jean on October 10, 2016, 08:38:44 PM
Knowing what someone plans on doing before the match matters very little when considering how often people change classes in SWBF2. I think the same should be assumed for all games pretty much. Nobody plays solely one thing, but if there's a way to mid-match change your approach that wouldn't be too bad, I guess.
Yeah, players should be able to change it mid-game.