Death Star DLC Gameplay Trailer

Started by TheGangstarTY, September 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 18, 2016, 12:52:57 AM
I understand that it is Geonosis, but why would it be there? It'd be harder for the rebels to attack it there as the planet is under Imperial Control.

And they didn't have a fleet when the DS1 was around.

I would suppose the devs went with Geonosis for totally aesthetic reasons, and so they could shove a asteroid field in the game.

The Rebels did have some kind of fleet at the time, hence Tagge in 'A New Hope' complaining about his own Imperial Fleet being vulnerable to the Rebels.

Quote from: Unit 33 on September 18, 2016, 01:24:14 AM
I would suppose the devs went with Geonosis for totally aesthetic reasons, and so they could shove a asteroid field in the game.

The Rebels did have some kind of fleet at the time, hence Tagge in 'A New Hope' complaining about his own Imperial Fleet being vulnerable to the Rebels.

Yeah, but the fleet they had was being provided by Alderaan, then later on the Mon Calimari joined the Rebellion and gave them a huge fleet led by Admiral Ackbar.
The years just fly past, don't they?

There were also a few separatist holdouts if i recall. At least in legends, a few ended up joining the rebellion.

Looks fun. I wont buy it, but not because i think it's bad.

I feel like we are descending into shameless bashing of a game for no reason, without considering its merits.

Quote from: Ltin on September 18, 2016, 08:15:02 AM
There were also a few separatist holdouts if i recall. At least in legends, a few ended up joining the rebellion.

I feel like we are descending into shameless bashing of a game for no reason, without considering its merits.

I have considered its merits, so far that's just graphics and sound. The rest is unworthy.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 18, 2016, 10:56:05 AM
I have considered its merits, so far that's just graphics and sound. The rest is unworthy.

If comments could have likes, I'd like this. ^^

September 18, 2016, 11:19:42 AM #20 Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:21:22 AM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: Unit 33 on September 18, 2016, 12:17:15 AM
I believe the planet shown in the trailer is meant to be Geonosis, as that was the planet the Death Star was constructed above (in the new canon).

The scenario in which the Death Star is destroyed in this game is completely different to the film. Oh no!

This product has consistently failed to match some peoples expectations, but this certainly does not warrant actual vandalism as some of you are insinuating, please refrain from this sort of discussion.
Quote from: Unit 33 on September 18, 2016, 01:24:14 AM

This makes sense. I don't mind it being different than the Battle of Yavin since the scenarios aren't supposed to be canon anyway, but rather "what ifs" using canon material as a base. Also, I want to fight in a big space battle with capital ships.
Quote from: Ltin on September 18, 2016, 08:15:02 AM

If comments could have likes, I would like this. :P

If you do ever plan on buying the DLC's seperately, it plans out to be cheaper when buying the season pass and using the promo code: origin50

But, Bossk feels weak, he was one shot by Lando using his charged shot blast skill and managed to get a crit off which killed Bossk instantly. I was honestly shocked.

The new customization options are really good though.
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 20, 2016, 11:35:13 AMBut, Bossk feels weak, he was one shot by Lando using his charged shot blast skill and managed to get a crit off which killed Bossk instantly. I was honestly shocked.

All Villains can get one shot killed by Lando, so you can't really judge Bossk based on that.

I've never got one shot by Lando before.

But eh, I took advantage of the 50% off and got the season pass for £19, the 50% off took £20 off. :D, Got it for a good deal.

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 20, 2016, 01:04:42 PM
I've never got one shot by Lando before.

It's kind of random, he won't always one shot kill, but there's a higher chance if he's at a higher trait level.

Well, I played it, and I am not disappointed. The only part of it I didn't like is that the Y-wings, B-wings, TIE Bombers and TIE Defenders are not playable. But I DO like that they are at least present.

According to Corra Ashu, there's evidence in the files that the new fighters will be playable in the future.

Quote from: DylanRocket on September 20, 2016, 07:29:53 PM
According to Corra Ashu, there's evidence in the files that the new fighters will be playable in the future.
Well I hope that's true then.