Death Star DLC Gameplay Trailer

Started by TheGangstarTY, September 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://www.youtube.com/v/eRtNR_1fMv4?version=3&hl=en_US;allowFullScreen="true"
Yea, just imported your video onto a different site EA, how do you feel?

Since the new trailer for the Death Star DLC has arrived, it's safe to judge more accurately on it. I was curious to see how other people's opinions have changed...

Because mine haven't. Look, I'm not sugar-coating this because EA deserved to get DDOSed on the BF1 release (props to PoodleCorp) #inmemoryofGalaxyinTurmoil are harsh to other people so it's fair.. I still think that it looks and sounds nice, but the actual product is going to be another disappointment. Not today EA. I like the map layout, it looks good. I find it quite cool to see a fleet rather than just one massive destroyer in the game. The map just looks flat out empty considering they can only have a certain amount of AI, it's a shame they chose graphics over gameplay. Looks the same as previous expansions, just in space.

The hero choices are literally the worst thing since the COD: Infinite Warfare trailer. But oh well lets go with it because EA. So why is Chewbacca on there? Well, he was seen in the movies with Luke and his best mate Han and stuff saving his sister. Why is Bossk on there? :censored: knows. Only time I saw him on the Death Star was on Robot Chicken by Adult Swim. About Chewbacca by the way, they made his model way too shiny. Why didn't they put Obi-Wan and Darth Vader on there instead? Because :censored: the fans.

I wish DICE were able to do as good as they did with Battlefield 1. Oh, and the fact that it doesn't have Walker Assault makes me sad. And yes, I understand why that game mode isn't possible here, but it's the only game mode I ever play when I go on Battlefront so it's a bad choice for me.

Will I play Star Wars Battlefront (EA) again?
Yes.
When and why?
When I see the word "free" in my inbox. Because it's the only time I'll ever bother spending time on their "DLC".
And in tournaments if I ever join one, because otherwise it's just boring after a certain amount of time.

Sorry, this sounds so unenthusiastic... because it actually isn't. I just can't anymore. EA may have given me some incurable medical conditions.

Can someone please convince me that this is different? I need serious help.

In all seriousness though, what do you guys think? I know there are a few people who were going to buy it and I'm curious to know what their opinions are on this trailer. Someone proved me wrong about the whole "Space Battles are just going to be Fighter Squadron in Space" idea I came up with, can't remember who. It's cool to see destructible objects now. Imagine if the whole destroyer came apart?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

What do I think? "Another piece of DLC."
The years just fly past, don't they?

I ask again, why do we keep making more threads about EA Battlefront? They almost always end up being about the same thing.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PM
EA deserved to get DDOSed on the BF1 release (props to PoodleCorp) #inmemoryofGalaxyinTurmoil
I disagree. First off, it effected the players, too, including myself, I.E the same people EA ripped off in the first place. Do WE deserve that? Secondly, I feel the need to post this again:
Quote from: Frontwire Studios AKA the guys who made Galaxy in TurmoilLet me stop for a moment. I do not for a second hold any grudge against Electronic Arts and/or Lucasfilm, and neither should our community. The Star Wars brand is a highly valuable and lucrative brand. I would expect nothing less from Lucasfilm than to do everything they can to protect and preserve their intellectual property. As for EA they have an extremely expensive and profitable production contract with Lucasfilm. Likewise, EA has done what they felt they needed to do and if I were in the same position, I hope I would also do anything to protect my golden egg. While I do wish EA would realize that backing a free fan game would actually be an effective way to help and promote their brand, their decision is final, and we as both a business and as a community must respect that.

While I and our attorneys still believe that we fall under the Fair Use law, I have no desire to get into any type of legal battle with Lucasfilm, and lose due to the sheer amount of money Lucasfilm has. As a businessman, I have enough respect for other companies and their intellectual properties to not put up a fight that should not be fought in the first place. At the end of the day Star Wars is Lucasfilm's property, and they have every right to request Frontwire stop using their IP, even if we believe that we were within legal limits. In a perfect world, they will see we were team players and we may just have the chance to work with them in the distant future.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PMLooks the same as previous expansions, just in space.
I again have to disagree. This pack has more content than the previous ones.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PMWhy is Bossk on there? :censored: knows.
It actually makes sense, as Chewie and Bossk are rivals.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PMCan someone please convince me that this is different? I need serious help.
It's larger. It features space battles and more specifically a multi stage mode. It adds new hero vehicles. At least six new skins for the Imperials (though that part is free). It draws inspiration from the old Battlefronts and the Jedi Knight games.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 16, 2016, 04:34:48 PMIn all seriousness though, what do you guys think? I know there are a few people who were going to buy it and I'm curious to know what their opinions are on this trailer.
It honestly looks better than the previous ones IMO. I, personally, am really excited.

But, commander Awesome, who had a bigger role on the Death Star; Cheewie or Obi-Wan?

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 17, 2016, 02:20:01 AM
But, commander Awesome, who had a bigger role on the Death Star; Cheewie or Obi-Wan?

It's totally possible that EA was unable to reach an agreement with the Alec Guinness estate for proper compensation for use of his likeness. Besides, most of the fans wanted Chewbacca over Obi-Wan anyway.

Quote from: Commander AwesomeI ask again, why do we keep making more threads about EA Battlefront? They almost always end up being about the same thing.

This. I haven't seen any thread where someone doesn't bash the game or compare it the original games.

The game was made to be 'Better than the originals' And it wasn't, so we bash it.

The only thing there is to do that is fun,

September 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AM #6 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:23:48 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 16, 2016, 07:10:38 PM

I disagree. First off, it effected the players, too, including myself, I.E the same people EA ripped off in the first place. Do WE deserve that? Secondly, I feel the need to post this again:   

The DDOS made me laugh to be honest. Yea, I couldn't play Battlefield 1 Beta, but it's pretty interesting to see such a large company get all and I mean all of their server get taken down by a small group of people. Just shows how weak their security are too.
Just for everyone's information, the real reason EA were DDOSed is because PoodleCorp wanted to play a game with KeemStar, however I actually believe it's because Keemstar wanted to regain his reputation so he hired PoodleCorp. I'd going into detail but that would go off-topic.

About the quote you attached, that only comes to tell us that they knew off the bat that Frontwire were already doing better than them. Actually, let me just point something out here:
Frontwire Studios: Small company of voluntary workers.
EA/DICE: Huge company of industry professionals.
EA were scared of the fact that Frontwire would've made a better game than them.
In that case, yes, maybe they were protecting their company. But that only proves they're not pulling their weight at the same time.

I again have to disagree. This pack has more content than the previous ones.

Yea, more content of the exact same stuff. I appreciate the content but I'm not buying it unless they actually tried. It'd be different if it was free.

It actually makes sense, as Chewie and Bossk are rivals.

Makes sense. But why on the Death Star?

It's larger. It features space battles and more specifically a multi stage mode. It adds new hero vehicles. At least six new skins for the Imperials (though that part is free). It draws inspiration from the old Battlefronts and the Jedi Knight games.

The space battles look cool. Like I mentioned. But literally everything else is the same. As for the skins? I've already mentioned, it's just adding to the graphical side of things which is good anyway.

Quote from: DylanRocket on September 17, 2016, 09:21:35 AM
This. I haven't seen any thread where someone doesn't bash the game or compare it the original games.

Probably because it's kind of hard to force yourself to find good features in a broken game.

Oh and I love the new color they gave Yavin. Talk about "pimp my planet"
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

What is the point of giving Yavin a new colour? It didn't need it. The colour it had was perfect.

I almost feel sorry for EA if I could ignore the borderline illegal stuff they've done. I mean it's like they're trying so hard to make something good but always :censored: it up

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 17, 2016, 02:20:01 AM
I honestly would have preferred Obi-Wan over Chewie. (I think Chewie should have been in the base game, or a free release) I was just pointing out that it made sense to have Bossk against Chewie.
Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 17, 2016, 09:46:41 AM
The game was made to be 'Better than the originals' And it wasn't, so we bash it.

The only thing there is to do that is fun,
That's subjective, and it still doesn't explain why we need 30 different threads to do that with instead of just one.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AM
The DDOS made me laugh to be honest. Yea, I couldn't play Battlefield 1 Beta, but it's pretty interesting to see such a large company get all and I mean all of their server get taken down by a small group of people. Just shows how weak their security are too.
I just think there are better ways to get back at them that don't involve innocent bystanders.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AMAbout the quote you attached, that only comes to tell us that they knew off the bat that Frontwire were already doing better than them. Actually, let me just point something out here:
Frontwire Studios: Small company of voluntary workers.
EA/DICE: Huge company of industry professionals.
EA were scared of the fact that Frontwire would've made a better game than them.
In that case, yes, maybe they were protecting their company. But that only proves they're not pulling their weight at the same time.
While that may be true, and they may just be saying that to prevent getting sued, I think they DO have a point.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AMI appreciate the content but I'm not buying it unless they actually tried.
Hmm... it looks like they put effort into it to me. Should I get my eyes checked?
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AMMakes sense. But why on the Death Star?
See above.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AMProbably because it's kind of hard to force yourself to find good features in a broken game.
I do all the time.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AMOh and I love the new color they gave Yavin. Talk about "pimp my planet"
We sure that's Yavin? I don't remember it having rings.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 17, 2016, 03:01:33 PM
I just think there are better ways to get back at them that don't involve innocent bystanders.

What do you suggest?

While that may be true, and they may just be saying that to prevent getting sued, I think they DO have a point.

Elaborate on this please? I'm curious to see what that point may be.

Hmm... it looks like they put effort into it to me. Should I get my eyes checked?
See above.

Well, just look at Battlefield 1. Look back at Battlefront. Then at Battlefield 1 again. Which one appeals better to you and why? They have so much more potential but they literally just gave up when it came to Battlefront. No, I still wouldn't like it more than the originals but I'd enjoy it a lot more if they paid the same amount of detail as they did to Battlefield 1.

We sure that's Yavin? I don't remember it having rings.

It was a joke, I was meaning to hint "why isn't that Yavin?" ;) I just don't see why they have the scene where Luke blows up the Death Star above a planet that isn't Yavin. Brings me back to the belief that they watched Star Wars once and then decided to make a whole AAA title on it.

September 17, 2016, 03:40:17 PM #11 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:42:47 PM by Jean
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 17, 2016, 03:30:52 PM
It was a joke, I was meaning to hint "why isn't that Yavin?" ;) I just don't see why they have the scene where Luke blows up the Death Star above a planet that isn't Yavin. Brings me back to the belief that they watched Star Wars once and then decided to make a whole AAA title on it.

LOL! That's probably true for most of them. It's like the people who make movies out of anime... Always crappy

What do you suggest?
DDoS-ing corporate stuff maybe? I don't want my name attached to illegal stuff, so just forget that. :P

Elaborate on this please? I'm curious to see what that point may be.
Mainly this part:
QuoteI do not for a second hold any grudge against Electronic Arts and/or Lucasfilm, and neither should our community.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on September 17, 2016, 03:30:52 PMWell, just look at Battlefield 1. Look back at Battlefront. Then at Battlefield 1 again. Which one appeals better to you and why? They have so much more potential but they literally just gave up when it came to Battlefront. No, I still wouldn't like it more than the originals but I'd enjoy it a lot more if they paid the same amount of detail as they did to Battlefield 1.
Sadly I missed out on the Battlefield 1 beta. So I'll have to take your word on that. I do, however, have Battlefield 4, and can kinda see your point here. (and TBH 75% of the reason I bought it was to compare it against SWBF)

I believe the planet shown in the trailer is meant to be Geonosis, as that was the planet the Death Star was constructed above (in the new canon).

The scenario in which the Death Star is destroyed in this game is completely different to the film. Oh no!

This product has consistently failed to match some peoples expectations, but this certainly does not warrant actual vandalism as some of you are insinuating, please refrain from this sort of discussion.

I understand that it is Geonosis, but why would it be there? It'd be harder for the rebels to attack it there as the planet is under Imperial Control.

And they didn't have a fleet when the DS1 was around.