Felucia: Marshland (Delta1 Released!)

Started by Jedikiller, September 18, 2009, 11:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
No, it wasn't crashing a lot. It wouldn't load at all at first, but then I fixed some errors and everything worked. Not sure if that's what you're referring to, though.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Any further suggestions besides vehicles?

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Yeah, I got Kashyyyk working after finding out that BF1 doesn't like cylindrical soundspaces.

I loved the Felucai map! Just the unselectable CP and the double-boundary were bad (perhaps it's two types of boundary, one for each mode of play?)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Haven't downloaded it yet, too busy trying to get BF2 Kashyyyk to appear on my map list.  :rant:
But I will soon, looks like a fun map.

Some more things i've noticed-

It has little foliage, i know this would bring up lag but some of the spaces that have nothing look REALLY blank and in BF2 i'm pretty sure its mostly everywhere that has small stuff growing like in this picture.

Also the tentacles that i guess would normally come out of these are not there? i recall BD having them in his Felucia map so its possible and it might be worth it? i can't remember if they are actually there in SWBF2 or if its just like that.

Other notes: as people have said the boarders are messed up slightly making it seem your leaving the map by one of the CIS spawns.

If SWBF2 has music for Felucia i'd be nice to have that in it, so its not just the same old stuff thats normally with SWBF.

Possibly it would be good to put in new side skins just to make the map feel more....complete? you could even put in Aayla Secura as the replacement hero via Naps model.

Otherwise i don't see much left to add/fix :)
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I added in those tentacles after the fact, the little holes are just a normal model, I added in the sarlacc stuff later :P

Still have to try this map..

Heck the what?! I put Fol1 in the Add on and it didn't work!!! Did that with Kashyyyk and it didn't work either!  :rant:

Make sure you don't have over 21 maps in your addon- make sure the folders that have the maps have the files (addme.script) and (data) and try again.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Ok, so I tried out Felucia, I tried the version you sent me a while ago JK, sorry for not getting back to you on it, I got kinda busy

Anyway, Felucia was awesome! Just like Kashyyyk, it was way more intense than SWBF2 and overall great fun. You can probably guess what'll I'll say... vehicles blah blah textures need done blah blah, but otherwise it's great, nice port JK!

-Breakdown

Finally got the chance to play it last night.  Absolutely terrific - a great conversion and the map itself is a decent challenge.

I want to report one bug that I haven't seen posted yet:

There's a hovering flower just near the giant mound which can easily be fixed...

Also, I just finished making a new Felucian Warrior unit last night to try out on this map:

Hope to finish this mission map in a few weeks, given how this will go great with JK's map.

Nice! That actually looks EXACTLY like the one in The Force Unleashed!

But I wonder how you got that skirt onto the unit.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

:'( Napseeker, you truly are my hero...

Felucians  [drool]

Quote from: ggctuk on September 23, 2009, 02:22:56 PM
Nice! That actually looks EXACTLY like the one in The Force Unleashed!

But I wonder how you got that skirt onto the unit.

The skirt is modelled on and boned to the thighs of the skeleton (as I do with all my units when they have skirts), it's not an addon mesh since then the skirt wouldn't bend with the legs. 

It's not an exact match to the TFU one, mine is missing the tiny vesitigal arms and legs; I tried to model them onto the mesh but I couldn't get them to look right in the game whenever the unit moved, so I had to drop them.  I thought those tiny limbs looked a bit silly anyway...

Right now the Felucian clubs people with his bonesword and he can throw it at enemies (with an unlimited number of throws) to instantly kill them.  I haven't actually played TFU so I don't know if he has any other powers or weapons.  If someone knows of what else he can do, let me know and I'll add it to his repertoire of weapons.

Later tonight, I can replay the Felucia missions in TFU on PS3 and report back to you in PM :)

Wow, all these new map conversions being released are persuading me to pull out my SWBF disc again. Though, I admit, I have been playing again already, but this makes me want to pull it out more often. :P

Quote from: Napseeker on September 23, 2009, 06:03:53 PM
The skirt is modelled on and boned to the thighs of the skeleton (as I do with all my units when they have skirts), it's not an addon mesh since then the skirt wouldn't bend with the legs.

What software did you use to get the skirts on the units? 

Quote from: Napseeker on September 23, 2009, 06:03:53 PM
It's not an exact match to the TFU one, mine is missing the tiny vesitigal arms and legs; I tried to model them onto the mesh but I couldn't get them to look right in the game whenever the unit moved, so I had to drop them.  I thought those tiny limbs looked a bit silly anyway...

Right now the Felucian clubs people with his bonesword and he can throw it at enemies (with an unlimited number of throws) to instantly kill them.  I haven't actually played TFU so I don't know if he has any other powers or weapons.  If someone knows of what else he can do, let me know and I'll add it to his repertoire of weapons.

I know they're Force Sensitive, but their powers differ between each version of the game. They had a Force Bomb attack in one version of the game but mostly they either ran or when cornered tried to club the player to death.
In Progress:

On Hold: