Felucia: Marshland (Delta1 Released!)

Started by Jedikiller, September 18, 2009, 11:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Update: Water added. Debating whether to do localizations, as the CPs are very strangely named and I can't get to the layer that holds the CPs to find out what they are actually called. So...

Anyway, here are a few new screens showcasing the water:

Expect a public beta sometime tonight or tomorrow morning!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Wow your water looks A LOT better than on my computer.
Man I need to get a new video card...

#TYBG

For the localizations: (assuming the same CP numbers as BF2)

1: Hotsprings
2: Fungal Tree
3: Dark Forest
4: Acklay Nest
5: Destroyed Gunship

You're not using the CTF cps, right?

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

September 20, 2009, 02:22:32 PM #20 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:40:29 PM by Buckler

September 20, 2009, 06:30:13 PM #21 Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 07:04:23 PM by Padwon_link
DL(ing) right now! Tell you anything that comes up later. Thanks JK :D

EDIT:Thought I should post this right away. Haven't played through both sides, CW seems alright except I cannot select this CP:

(Don't mind the reinforcement count :P)
Also on the top CIS (red) CP there is some issue with the "Leaving the Batttlefeild" notice.  It comes up when near the CP.

Thanks Link. I didn't notice that CP error. No idea why that wouldn't work... but I'll look into it.

As for the Leaving notice, those are pretty much the BFII boundaries, so... I can see about editing them, however.

Thanks for your feedback!

No Problem I'm just glad to help ;)

Thanks again for the map JK.

I still need to try it but what i can see from the sreenshots it looks great

Napseeker you have been bissy...like allways great job mate

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

I played it a couple times and wish my screen looked like JK's, man that's beautiful.

I also noticed the close boundary near the top CP, not much room to maneuver while capturing the CP. Also, I can't select to spawn at the CP top right, in the water/stream. Overall a challenging and fun map. The units blend into the BG a bit, I'm seem to always look at the mini map for assistance, that gives this map a little different tactic. I like jetting from flower top to flower top just like a littler trooper-bee.

The objective-thingy says, "Beware of acklays". Are there actually acklays on the map? (In BF1 I mean, seen the campaign for BF2)

Unless JK has pulled off a big surprise, so far no one has managed to convert the Acklay to work in BF1.  Would love to see it though!

September 22, 2009, 06:28:29 AM #29 Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:47:11 AM by ggctuk
Well, animations ARE possible to do in BF1. But you'd have to do a heck load of renaming to the individual animations, rename the ODFs etc. Plus, they would be without SFX (unless you included the sound LVL from BF2)

Out of curiosity, in the early stages, was the map crashing a lot? I'm having that trouble with Kashyyyk.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1