[WIP]..Forever (Maps/mods showcase)

Started by Snake, July 03, 2013, 11:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I figured we needed something over here to show off random cool things in maps/mods. This is basically a place to show off your testing map. (Every mapper should have one)

Funny SWBF1 Pictures should be in the appropriate thread, not here, and vise versa. So, modelers can showcase their models they got in-game (so that it's different from the 3d Modeling WIP thread) and modders can show off some random cool map they made, or a cool skin, or just whatever. This is the modder's showcase.

*Note* If you see something cool, you can ask that modder to release it (but they don't have to)

I'll start things off by placing some pics of my "Tatooine: Echo Base" that I put in the Funny SWBF1 Pictures thread. This features the F-117 Nighthawk that I am currently perfecting .odf's for.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Good idea for a thread.

And I can't believe how well the dirt works on Hoth.

July 03, 2013, 11:26:52 PM #2 Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:32:09 PM by Snake
Quote from: tirpider on July 03, 2013, 11:19:15 PM
Good idea for a thread.

And I can't believe how well the dirt works on Hoth.

Yeah, this is my new test map, idk where I got the idea. But I found out that some of the main Hoth textures are just white versions of Tatooines. So it actually works out pretty nicely. The only problem is some models have icicles so it looks kinda weird. I just colored them tan.

---

I finally perfected the contrails for the Nighthawk, which I think this may be the first time contrails were successfully put in SWBF1. It might be hard to see in the pictures.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Actually, CWSM has nice SWBFII contrails, and it uses BFII ships.
Other than that, no one uses them.

You can expect alot more usage from me, now that they work though ;)

That Nighthawk looks awesome. You should make a custom first person view for it too!

New 1st person:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I'd figure the Nighthawk had a triangular window appearance on it, which means the 1st person would've been more symmetrical to some extent. Regardless, looks nice! Perhaps you could use it for that F-22 fighter jet that Kit requested on the Funny SWBF1 pics thread. :P

Now that first person view looks awesome.
Did you make that out of the assets in the BFBuilder folder?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 04, 2013, 11:57:16 AM
Now that first person view looks awesome.
Did you make that out of the assets in the BFBuilder folder?
I think it's the ATXT, or one of the other scraped pandemic models.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on July 04, 2013, 12:04:21 PM
I think it's the ATXT, or one of the other scraped pandemic models.

Yep! It's not "new" but it is new in the fact that it hasn't been used.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Not exactly a WIP but it seems like the right place to put it.

I had forgotten how awesome this map was. I'm just love it so much. If I did a 1.1 update I could do a lot better. (Like just having the Zombies randomly spawn rather than them having CPs.) Anyone want it?

The atmosphere of that map is very cool and having zombies randomly spawn would make it a lot better. It was easy to avoid them before since you just had to avoid CP's.

And perhaps custom sides? Battle Royal sides? Battlefront Unleashed sides?

I would play a 1.1.

Why would you even ask? Lol, of course we want it!

I think putting the battle royal mod folks in it would be pretty neat too, I think they should be floating around in a few more complete mods ;)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on July 05, 2013, 08:20:11 AM
Why would you even ask? Lol, of course we want it!

I think putting the battle royal mod folks in it would be pretty neat too, I think they should be floating around in a few more complete mods ;)

Agreed, perhaps even have the survival mode as a sort of Nazi Zombies style. (4 plabayable characters against the entire horde.) Something of the like anyway. I'd really play the 1.1 update if it had randomly spawned zombies! :D

I would like to see another Zombie map. Spawning randomly sounds like fun If they do spawn randomly is it possible to make them not attack for 2 seconds so that it doesn't result in random deaths when you're trying to survive? :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)