SWBF2 Conversion Pack?

Started by Breakdown, September 23, 2009, 06:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
No , I'm not talking about the conversion pack in SWBF2.

But I was thinking since everyones kinda getting the feel for porting over maps from SWBF2, why don't we make a converson pack like GT did for SWBF1 maps?

This way, all the maps would be open to the public without having to download like 10 files at once. Plus some extra stuff liek skins and whatnot could be included.

Just a thought.

-Breakdown

Considering we actually have most of the components to make up a mod like this,
ggtuck's main play mod essentially used SWBF2 units and vehicles, similarly with the newer
Starfire mod. A few of the maps are already there, ( except Tantive :'( ) all
you need is a bunch of dedicated moders to piece it all together !

September 23, 2009, 12:43:19 PM #2 Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:50:28 PM by ggctuk
This was my eventual intention with the Main Play Mod - to add BF2 Maps into it with all the vehicles etc.

I'm currently working on the Jedi Temple but that's more of a pain in the rear as collision is all over the place. I'm following Battlebelk's collision hex tutorial to fix it but I have to go one collision primitive at a time (he discovered that when munging, any primitive beginning with "collision" is munged into one big collision mesh). The problem at the moment is that the republic/Alliance units keep falling through the Security Room floor at spawn. Even when I had the temporary solution of putting the collision bricks there, all units stood around. So there's also some pathing that needs fixing too.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

You are aware that there is already a Jedi Temple conversion that has been pretty much fully converted?

I have been thinking about putting together the maps in a pack and releasing it, but I don't know how reb would like that. I assume he wouldn't mind, however.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I like this idea BD, I'd be willing to make the sides for the conversion pack if this were to go forward (obviously reusing most of my units from all of my prior mission map releases).  This way you'd get all the proper clones and Jedi for each specific BF2 map.  I'll leave this up to whomever the team lead on this to decide though, since most MP gamers probably prefer the standard shipped sides rather than custom units.

September 23, 2009, 07:27:11 PM #5 Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 07:54:26 PM by Braeden
I was thinking we could include just BF2 skins in the mod if people don't want online compatibility, but you can set it up for custom sides if the person desires.

I'd probably edit GCW sides if needed

Quote from: Jedikiller on September 23, 2009, 03:58:31 PM
You are aware that there is already a Jedi Temple conversion that has been pretty much fully converted?

Yep, and as I noted, loads of collision problems. Some of which I have fixed already.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Well, I'm working on Geonosis at the moment (yes, it's porting well, so far..)

Quote from: Braeden on September 28, 2009, 07:18:49 PM
Well, I'm working on Geonosis at the moment (yes, it's porting well, so far..)

Ok I lied, it's porting so so..

Is it worth porting to an exact detail ?
It's not as if it was the most exciting map as it was !