Ideas for a Mod - Seeking Suggestions

Started by Thor110, September 26, 2017, 08:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: wallermadev on September 28, 2017, 07:01:57 PM

Could not seem to find it  :shrug:

No worries, I assume you are on the track now.  SK would sure be happy to have a contributor, I suspect.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ah got it!

Thanks for the Led appreciate it.. ill see what i can do.

September 28, 2017, 07:19:13 PM #33 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:26:36 PM by Thor110
Sorry anyways guys, I'm an easily worked up sort and got a lot of ideas at the moment, also I will do my best to contact the creator of each and every mod before attempting to apply any fixes to them.

I see that it cannot unmunge everything, thank you for the link, I will be starting with map making of course before attempting these other feats, but I wanted to do my best to achieve as good a result as possible for some sort of update pack.

It is also 3 in the morning here and I do not sleep much, so am definitely a little bit wired.

Like I said before, thank you again and sorry, I will also still mute myself or rather go and try and make some headway on making a map for a few days.

Next stop MDL to OBJ converting and an attempt to recreate Korriban from KotoR for Battlefront 2, wish me luck as this is where I planned to start, I just wanted to gather as much information as possible and ask as many questions to those that might be able to and have actually saved me time searching around for things, funnily enough I did have a google search for similar tools and had a good look through the tools / downloads section here, though now I see why.

Again I want to assure you all, I will not even be attempting to unmunge a mod until way after I have made a map for Korriban and maybe altered a few in-game maps, even then I will be doing my best to seek permission from the mod / maps creators.

If they say no to gaining access to source, I will also ask them if they will make the necessary changes / updates.

See how it goes from there, will no doubt take me a while to sit down and actually get this map made, trouble importing mdl and it's bedtime for now.

I also have the issue with Zero Editor & NVidia Graphics cards, my current solution is to build the map on my laptop I can also test it at low end graphics that way.

Also, I wonder did anyone manage to fix Anti Aliasing & Bloom on Battlefront 2, they work for me, but most places say they don't, I recall the visual effects of Bloom on the Naboo Prototype map, very bright grass, but since installing the full ReShade install package setup, I have been able to use anti-aliasing & bloom without it making everything look worse, even on the Naboo Prototype map.

If you guys already knew that, sorry for wasting your time :) sorry for being argumentative too.

But we did go from, it can't be done, to here you are :p so I did something right, even if I did some things wrong.
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" - Gray Fox

'frayed wires studios' made some good mods, right? might be one of the easier groups to get in contact with.

http://www.moddb.com/company/frayedwiresstudios
http://www.indiedb.com/company/frayedwiresstudios

While on their moddb page check out their stuff. RAS prosecutor - hangars is actually one of their projects i think.
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper