Fake players.

Started by Linux user Awesome, May 29, 2017, 04:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know if this is right to post but here we go.

on the SWBFgamers.com-Battlefront server sometimes it says there is 1 players on server with over 102 kills even if there is still 200\200 reniforcements I join and no one is there. I leave and it says they are there with hundreds of kills again.

this is not realy a problem but it gets a bit anoying and i'm also curios as why its hapening.
is it a trick to get people to play on that server?(sorta like on the walking dead battlefront server.)
is it a glitch?

Please don't think me to be rude or offenceve (cuase thats the way people alwase seam to inturpret my posts.)
and I'm not blaming anyone. I just wanna know.
and if you don't like me asking this just tell me to bug off.
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Quote from: Linux user Awesome on May 29, 2017, 04:30:43 AM

on the SWBFgamers.com-Battlefront server sometimes it says there is 1 players on server with over 102 kills even if there is still 200\200 reniforcements I join and no one is there. I leave and it says they are there with hundreds of kills again.

this is not realy a problem but it gets a bit anoying and i'm also curios as why its hapening.
is it a trick to get people to play on that server?(sorta like on the walking dead battlefront server.)
is it a glitch?

Please don't think me to be rude or offenceve (cuase thats the way people alwase seam to inturpret my posts.)
Fake players on TWD server are not meant as a "trick" to get people to play on it, they are for testing purposes. The password is there to prevent random players from joining anyway.

Sometimes the game crashes for players on maps such as Hoth and the server lobby is temporarily glitched. It's not a problem unless the reinforcements hang at 0, at which point the server must be reset.

You can always use the server lobby filter to only display servers of your choosing.

I meant to use TWD server as example of how it looks.
not how it was tricking people. its password protected
so its obviusly not trying to do that.

and thanks for explanation.  :cheers:

and by the way i'd be flattered if you could use my walther PPK in TWD battlefront.
here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=11965.0
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Quote from: Linux user Awesome on May 29, 2017, 09:27:44 AM
I meant to use TWD server as example of how it looks.
not how it was tricking people. its password protected
so its obviusly not trying to do that.

and thanks for explanation.  :cheers:

and by the way i'd be flattered if you could use my walther PPK in TWD battlefront.
here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=11965.0
Ok well I wasn't sure based on how it was written. Just remember if u see the reinforcements are still the default 200v200 and not bleeding, that probably no players are in the game.

Nice weapon model, I'll add it to the next build and credit you for it :tu:

is it a glitch?

Yes, i saw them too. But i think it isn't fake players.Anubys (one of theese "fake" players) said that he wants to save his stats and stay in game is only 1 way to save it.

is it a glitch?

I'm having the same (problem?) thing too.I thought that those people are the hosts and are just viewing the match or have SWBF open at the time.But, even on Sunday's when most people play, I join and nobody's there.Just me and my high ping...
Generic Sig goes here

Actually when a player reloads a map, the previous frag count is kept in memory until this one spills the first blood.
This happens after two successive sessions.
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

There is a way to fill the server slots with "bots" which aint real.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Aradam☑ on June 10, 2017, 02:41:23 AM
Yes, i saw them too. But i think it isn't fake players.Anubys (one of theese "fake" players) said that he wants to save his stats and stay in game is only 1 way to save it.
Quote from: Incognito on June 10, 2017, 04:01:22 AM
Actually when a player reloads a map, the previous frag count is kept in memory until this one spills the first blood.
This happens after two successive sessions.

Players can only be fake if the stats are 0-0-0, or 0-0-(some random number). If the player name has kills then it's a real player. So my in game name "Anubis" is not a fake player. Fake player DDOS bots would usually fill all player slots in the server or you see them in great numbers. The fake players in TWD server use names of playable characters to be featured in the mod and u can see that they always have 0 kills.

You might also notice how real players such as Anubis and John Boy rack up lots of AI kills and then go AFK, this is due to the way GameTracker logs points. Yes you can die or capture CPs, and as long as you don't get kills the previous kill count remains in place. It's possible without using any cheats or glitches to get 200 kills with perfect play on Cloud City like this http://i.imgur.com/7dbPicn.png

Also about a year ago GameTracker changed their stats logging system so I had to change my tag design since certain custom characters are no longer supported. So really I should have about 230k points atm

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on June 10, 2017, 04:01:01 AMI'm having the same (problem?) thing too.I thought that those people are the hosts and are just viewing the match or have SWBF open at the time.But, even on Sunday's when most people play, I join and nobody's there.Just me and my high ping...

Make sure at least 2-4 players are in the server when u join and there should be at least 1 player who isn't AFK. As Led mentioned these are usually the best times to play

Quote from: Led on August 02, 2016, 03:56:45 PM
Saturdays are good from 2-5 PM eastern US time, evenings about 6-9 PM eastern time during the week.

Quote from: Phobos on June 10, 2017, 12:15:00 PM
Make sure at least 2-4 players are in the server when u join and there should be at least 1 player who isn't AFK. As Led mentioned these are usually the best times to play

The server I was joining had 38 out of 40 players, but I believe it was a US server and I'm a few thousand miles away.And in my time zone, Sunday is usually when I see most people.Saturday is the day I game though, and where I'm based, we have our weekends on Friday and Saturday.
Generic Sig goes here

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on June 10, 2017, 12:24:43 PM
The server I was joining had 38 out of 40 players, but I believe it was a US server and I'm a few thousand miles away.And in my time zone, Sunday is usually when I see most people.Saturday is the day I game though, and where I'm based, we have our weekends on Friday and Saturday.
The [FC]Battlefront GCW server sometimes has fake players in it too but not as often

Well, why would a server need so many fake players? :blink:When pressed tab, none of them showed up
Generic Sig goes here

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on June 10, 2017, 12:31:24 PM
Well, why would a server need so many fake players? :blink:When pressed tab, none of them showed up
The fake player program tries to fill the server so if there is 40 slots it will try to add 40 fake players. If the server had only 4 slots it would fill just those.

They aren't needed often, but I run it at least once a week for an hour in case of player inactivity, so that all the server stats aren't removed. Additional testing is also being done on TWD server.