Why people are upset about the new game.

Started by AiRJacobs, September 04, 2015, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Err, no ESL or competitive gaming would be possible if it is just a matchmaking system with no ability to set server options...you might as well go watch a movie with a bunch of strangers.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 04, 2015, 08:34:53 PM #16 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:39:00 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
I'm not here to jump on the can'twaitforit-train or the hater-train. But I will say that the main reasons for all the same one-liner nonsense about the game being a "battlefield reskin" and any other negative comparison comments is due to the fact of human beings jumping on the band-wagon on what peoples opinions are to try and fit in with the 'crowd,' and because we like to find negative things to say rather than good.

I don't want the game to simply be a rehash of another game either, but like AiRJacobs said, the fear is irrational.
First of all, who are we talking about here? DICE. Dice is known for making cash grabs, and producing quick eye candy. If a big corporation is targeting an audience, don't you think they will try and appease the audience to make their cash grab? DICE doesn't just make games, they study what people are into.

Battlefront reboot won't be a battlefield reskin, it will be eye candy, because that's what DICE knows will pay the bills and bring in the revenue.

Hopefully you can choose to play only with people on your friends list. (And I hope the game has friend lists.)

Sorry, Led. I kind of rambled onto somethings for a moment there. But, it still is possible for Competitive companies/brands to have private servers given to them. Just like LoL.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Wait...they control what servers you can go to?? That sounds horrible..

Quote from: chameleon on September 04, 2015, 07:41:35 PM
If what was said in the video leads to be the final product of the game, then it only seems obvious that this is a release using an award-winning video game title so that profit could be made. That's just my opinion.

Does anyone else find it odd how this game has been in the works for so long? Considering the amount of things they said they aren't going to have in this game (that they included in previous games like the Battlefield series), don't you think that maybe this game hasn't been a priority? Seems to me like the product they keep explaining to us is just going to be a real kick in the pants for Star Wars videogames.
Sure, the game looks good. Sure, the gameplay might be wonderful. But what happens when a game has no community environment? If a community comes up, it'll be whatever happens on the forums.

Let's face it. The producers want to get their first step into Competitive gaming. Skill-Based matchmaking without community servers? Heck, if I wanted that, I'd go back to playing League of Legends. Which is exactly my point- they are trying to make this a competitive game for competitive gamers. There isn't variety in the options; There is simply a game that is being built so it can get carried into the ESL, while EA kicks back and watches all the sponsorship money roll in.

Yeah, you know, I also thought of this. If the game has been in development for this long, why are there so few features?

I assume the reason why it took so long is because they went to all the real environments to get photo scans so the game looks better. Still, I don't think the visuals are all that worth it; to leave out essential mechanics like a server browser and community/private servers.

Until I saw the video, I never would have thought of Disney in the equation. I know Disney owns the right to Star Wars, but the idea of Disney having any word in the creation of the game flew right over my head. It makes a lot of sense the Disney may be the ones pulling all the strings in the game's development, while EA and DICE are just puppets. Well, I mean, DICE is the ones actually making the game, and EA is the one actually publishing it, but Disney may be the ones with the final say so of what gets put into the game and what gets left out. DAMN YOU DISNEY!!!

September 05, 2015, 12:49:12 AM #21 Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:03:05 AM by ~PFA~ Majesty Leader
jesus christ...
I just dont care about that new battlefront game.
I am not like you guys who keep waiting about all new games, new best graphics, keep taking care about the number of players ingame.. and then when the game is less popular , you leave and talk about a new game again .. etc..
I just absolutely dont care about this new game .  :rant:  :cheer:

i dont want it to be a competitive run game. i want it to be fun. im satisfied by the game so far

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

Quote from: ~PFA~ Majesty Leader on September 05, 2015, 12:49:12 AM
jesus christ...
I am not like you guys who keep waiting about all new games, new best graphics, keep taking care about the number of players ingame.. and then when the game is less popular , you leave and talk about a new game again .. etc..

It's been ten years, there have always been new games coming out and yet we're still here.
I wouldn't worry too much.

I'll probably play the new game for the graphics etc, but of course I will continue to play the original for the community we have all built and maintained.

I would be happy if it was a battlefront reskin but that's another story...

I've said before I have no doubt that it will be a good game. My biggest worry is the dlc/microtransactions and more importantly servers.

I want to choose who I play with regardless of location or skill level and be able to have personalised public servers which anyone can join or ones for specific players.

I'm sure that ea will want our money so will be renting some servers.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: ~PFA~ Majesty Leader on September 05, 2015, 12:49:12 AM
jesus christ...
I think most of us are still gonna play the original games after the new one comes out. I know I am.

Me too.I hope also to see a people making more cool mod maps.Thats what keep us here aswell :)
I know for sure ill be here after the new battlefront come.By the way i dont like it but its my opinion.

September 06, 2015, 04:44:24 PM #27 Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:58:57 PM by WusiBabyEater
The new battlefront game has great graphics and it has some of the same mechanics as the Battlefield games since it's on the same game engine. The game has a very good star wars feel to it, while I was playing it I was blown away by the visuals and the sound, it felt like I was in a star wars movie. The only downfall is really the game does not take any skill whats so ever, it was pretty easy to go 22-8 on a first game, all you have to do is spray and pray that you'll kill someone. If some one new would of played battlefront 1 online for the first time today, they would get owned by us because Battlefront 1 takes skill.  There is also no depth to the game, they're no unlocks to weapons or anything besides unlocking new power ups so there was nothing to really motivate me to play the game more. I got pretty bored of playing of it after 6 hours but that might of been because I was playing on the same game mode and map lol. I'll have to wait and see if the Beta is any different than the Alpha. This game is worth getting but I probably wont get it the first day it comes out.

PROS:
-great visuals and sound
-has a strong star wars feel to it

CONS:
- No depth(weapon unlocks)
- Takes no skill
- only for casual gamers

September 06, 2015, 10:12:44 PM #28 Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:15:56 PM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: WusiBabyEater on September 06, 2015, 04:44:24 PM
The only downfall is really the game does not take any skill whats so ever, it was pretty easy to go 22-8 on a first game, all you have to do is spray and pray that you'll kill someone. If some one new would of played battlefront 1 online for the first time today, they would get owned by us because Battlefront 1 takes skill.

CONS:
- No depth(weapon unlocks)
- Takes no skill
- only for casual gamers
I know I'm gonna get flak for it, but I honestly don't care about that. Also note that the full game WILL have unlocks, DICE confirmed that.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on September 06, 2015, 10:12:44 PM
I know I'm gonna get flak for it, but I honestly don't care about that. Also note that the full game WILL have unlocks, DICE confirmed that.
You'd also be shocked to know I'm in the same boat.