Favourite Rocket Class?

Started by {Alpha} Kiwi, August 12, 2015, 02:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favourite Rocket Class?

CIS Assualt
REP Arc
REB Vanguard
IMP Shock
What is your guys favourite rocket trooper?
My favourite is rebel vanguard, since it has two rockets it can fire at any speed it wants. It can also shoot as it jumps, which I don't believe other rocket trooper can do. Other than that it also has a rebel pistol (which is better than other pistols) and I am more accustom to the timing on its mine throwing.

The CIS and Empire rocket trooper are basically the same. Though I prefer the cis rocket since it doesn't have to compete with vanguard, and the Empire rocket is less relevant with access to dark trooper and empire pilot.

I never know what to think about the arc trooper, it seems vastly overshadowed by the jet trooper. It does have two rockets per clip, but the firing rate only seems slightly faster than cis/imp and its more difficult to use pistol in-between shots. Droids seem to be more difficult to hit also, so I usually prefer cis/emp rockets.

What do you guys think? I always thought vanguard was universally considered the best but I have heard various answers from different people. (I may end up making a video or something on the subject at some stage)

Well I guess the rebel rocketeer is just the strongest, with the ability to fire only one rocket at a time instead of two, you get a massive gain in firerate.
I kind of like the arc trooper for its model, which gives it a more powerful appearance.

Arc trooper imo is the worst of the four. The lower InnerDamageRadius makes a big difference. Rebel rocket is the best because you can fire 1 rocket at a time or both, and more ammo. It has the best pistol too. IMP Pistol is technically 10 velocity faster than Clone/CIS Pistol, which is a small negligible difference. I also find rebel mines are the easiest to throw in the air for some reason.

Here are the shotgun and pistol notes, I'll add a section for Rockets soon.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4374

clone rocket radius
DamageRadiusInner = "0.5"
DamageRadiusOuter = "2.5"

cis rocket radius
DamageRadiusInner = "0.75"

imperial rocket radius

rebel rocket radius
DamageRadiusOuter = "2.0"

I've always thought the CIS weapons looked cooler than the others, but that doesn't have anything to do with power/damage/etc.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: chameleon on August 12, 2015, 07:51:17 AM
I've always thought the CIS weapons looked cooler than the others, but that doesn't have anything to do with power/damage/etc.
I switched my rebel rocket ODF color to purple like CIS. I think it looks better than the default gold color.

Quote from: Phobos on August 12, 2015, 08:11:49 AM
I switched my rebel rocket ODF color to purple like CIS. I think it looks better than the default gold color.

I'll have to do that to mine, eventually. That would be an excellent mod.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

In terms of looks alone, definitely the ARC Trooper, 'cuz I just love ARCs. But since this is about gameplay, I'm gonna say the Vanguard.

Shocktrooper because he has a neat backpack.

Quote from: Unit 33 on August 12, 2015, 09:49:53 AM
Shocktrooper because he has a neat backpack.

Haha! That's why I chose Shock too!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I choose shocktrooper because of the way they look too.

Rebel rocket for me mostly because of the double rockets, easier mine tossing, and improved pistol. But I also like the look of it as well. Also, I enjoy shooting dark troopers out of the air, so Rebel rocket is definitely my favorite. After that, the droid rocket is a good unit. I really don't like to use the Empire rocket because there are better units for that faction. And I dislike the entire Republic faction so the clone rocket trooper is my least favorite.

August 12, 2015, 12:08:12 PM #11 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:10:26 PM by Joseph
Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on August 12, 2015, 02:43:22 AM
The CIS and Empire rocket trooper are basically the same.
My gut feeling is that the CIS unit is faster and also has faster reload time (not certain, maybe someone can provide hard statistics).

In any case, whether or not that's true, CIS is my favorite. The rebel vanguard is a close second, but the accuracy beats double shots for me since I often take medium-to-long range shots. And for whatever reason the droid unit feels "more right" to me.

Quote from: Joseph on August 12, 2015, 12:08:12 PM
My gut feeling is that the CIS unit is faster and also has faster reload time (not certain, maybe someone can provide hard statistics).
Both are the same speed
Acceleraton = 70.0
MaxSpeed = 6.0
MaxStrafeSpeed = 4.5
MaxTurnSpeed = 4.0
ReloadTime = 4.0