Who's going to buy Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Started by TheGangstarTY, July 22, 2015, 05:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you buy Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Already Pre-ordered it!
Yea
Meh
Nah
Never!
Angry rant:I am true Battlefront fan and i can say for sure that this is not even close to a Battlefront game.I was like omg omg omg when the gameplay trailer was released and after i watched it for 5 more minutes i repeated omg omg omg and after 5 more i was like....hey wait a minute?This is not like anything i expected.Where is the ground to space battle?Where is the clone wars?After that i totally disliked the game.The people who pre order this game soon will cry mark my words.Interesting missions?Thats a joke right?My only hope is to see Free Radical Battlefront 3 one day.I dont expect to play it.Just to see some final build gameplay will be enough.That was the real battlefront,not this new shiny pre-pre-pre rendered garbage.I speaked with one guy who have the last build of FRee Radical BF3 and he told me alot of interesting things about the game so basically this is the true:

FREE RADICAL BATTLEFRONT 3 STUFFS:
1/ 64 players multiplayer
2/ Ground to space battles
3/ Getting your own star destroyer and fly around the map.
4/ Create your own starfighter squadron (bots follow you in squadron formation)
5/ GCW and Clone wars eras
6/ Death star + Executor star destroyer maps
7/ Galactic Conquest 1vs computer,1v1,2v2 + cross-eras Example:Rebellion and Republic vs Empire and CIS
8/ Campaign. (very good story about 2 brothers clones)

DICE BATTLEFRONT STUFFS:
1/ 40 players multiplayer
2/ no space battle,only on ground
3/ No Galactic Conquest
4/ Some crappy half assets Instan action
5/ only 4 planets
6/ No campaign.
7/ No clone wars

Quote from: Jamman on July 22, 2015, 07:54:20 AM
Swbf2 was nothing like Swbf1. If Lucas Arts was not on the box cover of Swbf2, I may have never knew they were published by the same company.
A lot of members would disagree with you. The style and mechanics of Star Wars Battlefront 2 was pretty much the same as the original. They just removed some old maps and added new ones and a lot more features, including different game modes.

Quote from: Jamman on July 22, 2015, 07:54:20 AMDice makes incredible games with high quality, great effort, and no mod support for multiplayer to keep the playing field leveled - they are the perfect company to make the new battlefront.

I believe DICE should not make Star Wars Battlefront 3, due to the fact that they are making it pay to win. This makes it unplayable and a waste of money to those who can't afford/don't want to buy the DLC. And the worse thing about this is the fact that they ALWAYS make the DLC incredibly over priced. Take FIFA as an example.

The Star Wars Battlefront games made by Lucas Arts were better because they just worked well, and it was all free (except the base game which was cheap). Plus, Lucas Arts support mods. EA/DICE despise mods on their games as a passion. So anyone who mods the new Battlefront would probably expect an 'EA SWAT team' at their door.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

July 22, 2015, 09:26:10 AM #17 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:29:16 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Ginev on July 22, 2015, 08:24:54 AM
Angry rant:I am true Battlefront fan and i can say for sure that this is not even close to a Battlefront game.I was like omg omg omg when the gameplay trailer was released and after i watched it for 5 more minutes i repeated omg omg omg and after 5 more i was like....hey wait a minute?This is not like anything i expected.Where is the ground to space battle?Where is the clone wars?After that i totally disliked the game.The people who pre order this game soon will cry mark my words.Interesting missions?Thats a joke right?My only hope is to see Free Radical Battlefront 3 one day.I dont expect to play it.Just to see some final build gameplay will be enough.That was the real battlefront,not this new shiny pre-pre-pre rendered garbage.I speaked with one guy who have the last build of FRee Radical BF3 and he told me alot of interesting things about the game so basically this is the true:

7/ Galactic Conquest 1vs computer,1v1,2v2 + cross-eras Example:Rebellion and Republic vs Empire and CIS

DICE BATTLEFRONT STUFFS:
1/ 40 players multiplayer
2/ no space battle,only on ground
3/ No Galactic Conquest
4/ Some crappy half assets Instan action
5/ only 4 planets
6/ No campaign.
7/ No clone wars

Now that I've seen that list, I'm definitely not buying it! :td: It sounds awful! I think there will be more maps though but of course it'll cost you $80 each.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 22, 2015, 09:26:10 AM
Now that I've seen that list, I'm definitely not buying it! :td: It sounds awful! I think there will be more maps though but of course it'll cost you $80 each.
I assume it will be like BF4. The Deluxe (Premium) version will cost more and will have x10 more maps and more weapons
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

No, the extra maps are added every month after film is released as DLc that everyone must buy. (First is free I think)

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

I'll be buying it at some point around release as it looks like a good game and I'm a Star Wars fan and a gamer so I can't really avoid it. I have no doubt it will be a very well made and fun game but I also think it's not really battlefront anymore but a new Star Wars FPS so I'll always play the original battlefronts as they will remain unique.

I haven't pre-ordered and seeing a deluxe edition that gives you more powerful grenades is the main reason - that sums up all that is wrong with modern gaming to me so I'll be buying it cheaper at launch and supporting the game not pay to win.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong and they adopt a Witcher 3 style approach to DLC like their first map but I doubt it.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 22, 2015, 09:57:09 AM
I'll be buying it at some point around release as it looks like a good game and I'm a Star Wars fan and a gamer so I can't really avoid it. I have no doubt it will be a very well made and fun game but I also think it's not really battlefront anymore but a new Star Wars FPS so I'll always play the original battlefronts as they will remain unique.

I haven't pre-ordered and seeing a deluxe edition that gives you more powerful grenades is the main reason - that sums up all that is wrong with modern gaming to me so I'll be buying it cheaper at launch and supporting the game not pay to win.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong and they adopt a Witcher 3 style approach to DLC like their first map but I doubt it.
That seems like a reasonable opinion.  8) In my opinion, they should have named it Star Wars Battlefield. That way, it's still a Star Wars game but it isn't killing the Battlefront Series. I might buy it but only if the price goes under £30.  :tu:

Quote from: Jamman on July 22, 2015, 07:54:20 AM
Because I will need to buy a new pc to play the new battlefront, I am going to wait a month or two and hover around reddit for online reviews. I hope its good though.
Yeah, after getting hit with the reality of my current jobless status, and the odds of me raking enough cash to buy a decent rig before the release of SWBF, I'm thinking against the pre-order (despite my earlier ambitions). I'll probably wind up getting the game a few weeks/a month after release, which will most likely be when I get my rig.

So much for hyping with pre-order goodies and stuff. :P

I think the game looks really fun. Glad it won't have space battles and will be more like the original bf. Hasn't star wars battlefront always been an attempt to make a star wars version of battlefield and call of duty?

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 22, 2015, 08:35:58 AM
The Star Wars Battlefront games made by Lucas Arts were better because they just worked well, and it was all free (except the base game which was cheap). Plus, Lucas Arts support mods. EA/DICE despise mods on their games as a passion. So anyone who mods the new Battlefront would probably expect an 'EA SWAT team' at their door.
No way I will pre-order the game if they are opposed to modding, I might not even purchase it at all. Customization through modding is what adds so much replay value to the original SWBF for me, or I would have stopped playing it years ago.

Quote from: Ginev on July 22, 2015, 08:24:54 AM
This sounds like a true sequel to the SWBF series, and with modding support would definitely be worth pre-ordering!

July 23, 2015, 09:37:01 AM #25 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 09:39:13 AM by Commander Awesome
Honestly, I don't care about the amount of content in the new SWBF. The game still looks awesome to me. If I want variety, I can play the first two games. And I'm sure the inevitable hoard of DLC will also hold me over. So DICE:

Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on July 22, 2015, 09:39:24 PM
Hasn't star wars battlefront always been an attempt to make a star wars version of battlefield and call of duty?

I doubt LucasArts tried to make their own game, of their own movie series, into someone's game that has nothing to do with Star Wars. If they tried to make it like Call Of Duty, it would have customizable classes. If they tried to make it like battlefield, buildings would be destructible. LucasArts clearly went through their own imagination with the assistance of the information from their movie to create their own, unique game.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 23, 2015, 09:54:01 AM
I doubt LucasArts tried to make their own game, of their own movie series, into someone's game that has nothing to do with Star Wars. If they tried to make it like Call Of Duty, it would have customizable classes. If they tried to make it like battlefield, buildings would be destructible. LucasArts clearly went through their own imagination with the assistance of the information from their movie to create their own, unique game.

SWBF1 came before destructible enviroments in the Battlefield series. (I believe)  SWBF1 was extremely similar to Battlefield in the way of maps, characters, and campaign (I think) and instant action.  The difference is combat, the combat is extremely different.  SWBF1 was a Star Wars version of Battlefield (but I agree nothing like COD) but with it's own original twist.  Though every FPS for a long time has been extremely similar to other franchises so it could just be coincidence of Battlefront and Battlefield similarity.  As they say, originality is only unknown plagiarism.   

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Honestly I think the new SWBF is about as close as a new game is going to get to the original. Now there's not any Clone Wars but I think the actual gameplay has the right idea. Sure it's got a lot of added DICE elements, but seriously does nobody remember that SWBF originated as basically a Star Wars version of Battlefield to begin with?

I respect a lot of the design changes, but while it's not completely like the original I'm surprised they tried to keep it as close to the original as they did. I'm personally against the SWBF2 space battles as I thought they were poorly done, and while this current new version doesn't have any mechanic like that present, don't be so quick to rule out them making that into future content, sequels, etc. I see it as quality over quantity, currently what's there seems really solid and I'd rather have four solid maps over eight shoddy ones.

So yeah, it'll be a change of pace but there's not gonna be anything else coming my way for SWBF so this seems like a good start to me as any.  :shrug:
photobucket limit image removed

Quote from: Epifire on July 23, 2015, 11:15:31 AM
Honestly I think the new SWBF is about as close as a new game is going to get to the original. Now there's not any Clone Wars but I think the actual gameplay has the right idea. Sure it's got a lot of added DICE elements, but seriously does nobody remember that SWBF originated as basically a Star Wars version of Battlefield to begin with?

I respect a lot of the design changes, but while it's not completely like the original I'm surprised they tried to keep it as close to the original as they did. I'm personally against the SWBF2 space battles as I thought they were poorly done, and while this current new version doesn't have any mechanic like that present, don't be so quick to rule out them making that into future content, sequels, etc. I see it as quality over quantity, currently what's there seems really solid and I'd rather have four solid maps over eight shoddy ones.

So yeah, it'll be a change of pace but there's not gonna be anything else coming my way for SWBF so this seems like a good start to me as any.  :shrug:

The thing is though, without the Space Battles, variety of planets and Clone Wars, it doesn't feel quite like Star Wars. Also, you're forgetting that this may be good but EA are going to rob you no matter what happens. It's going to be pay to win which is going to bring a lot of haters upon them... not that they don't have millions already.
But with the rest, yes, it may be solid. It seems like they've spent more than a year in development than they do in their other games so that's a pro. The visuals make it even better. So I may consider buying it... or find other ways of getting it.
However what I really don't get is where you are getting this "Battlefront is just like Battlefield" thing  :confused:
I've played all of the Battlefields since Battlefield 2 and all of the Battlefronts and Star Wars Battlefront feels NOTHING like battlefield. It's focused more on 3rd person than 1st person. Gameplay is no where near accurate. Maybe you're getting it from the fact that it's got Conquest like Battlefield? Either way, I see absolutely no relation between Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield.