How do I accelerate units in swbf1?

Started by {TcF}Dr.Penguin, August 03, 2014, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does any one know how to accelerate units in swbf1? I want to accelerate a certain unit and I don't know how..I know it's possible because way back there was a server with super fast wookies.

Thanks.

August 03, 2014, 10:45:45 PM #1 Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:38:50 AM by Phobos
You have to open the LVL builder for the respective side, then edit the MaxSpeed for the ODF of whichever Unit you wish to accelerate.

So if you wanted Wookies to run fast, change MaxSpeed= 6.0 to something higher. You can use higher speeds than stock online but if the client doesn't have the same ODF as server the units appear to slide around the map. Note that anything over 8.0 always will cause animation sliding, even if the client is synched.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 25, 2015, 04:14:46 AM
Steam's the best client out there. Everyone uses it. It's free.
Evolve is better. Not everyone uses steam because you have to pay to add friends.

There are in fact four lines that control how slow and fast, as well as how quickly the unit can achieve those speeds:

Acceleraton       = 70.0
MaxSpeed       = 7.0
MaxStrafeSpeed       = 4.5
MaxTurnSpeed       = 4.0
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

MaxSpeed is usually the only one you need to modify, but you can alter the others too.