Unable to patch CD version of Star Wars Battlefront 1

Started by Drakov64, September 15, 2016, 01:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello folks

I am at desperate measures.

Since I got the CD version of Battlefront 1 recently, I couldn't patch it with either 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 beta patches, as I would always get the error "This update is not compatible with your version of star wars battlefront"

I have tried patches from all the web I could find, none works, and I don't know what to do to make it work.

I am on Windows 8.1 if it can help.

Thank you in advance, battlefrontians.

First, please tell us if you see Jabba's palace in your instant action list.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Drakov64 on September 15, 2016, 01:31:57 PM
Hello folks

I am at desperate measures.

Since I got the CD version of Battlefront 1 recently, I couldn't patch it with either 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 beta patches, as I would always get the error "This update is not compatible with your version of star wars battlefront"

I have tried patches from all the web I could find, none works, and I don't know what to do to make it work.

I am on Windows 8.1 if it can help.

Thank you in advance, battlefrontians.
Is ur game in english ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Hellow, thanks for really fast answers.

Well no there is not jabba's palace in the IA maps list

And my game is in french

1.3 beta only works for the english version of the game, and only installs if you have your original CD

Here is the French 1.2 http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1130 update.

The game will need to be installed from the CD in order for it to work (that means no torrent).

Let us know if that works or not.   :cheers:

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 16, 2016, 05:06:38 AM #5 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:04:47 AM by Drakov64
Thank you for the link !

Yeah during some researches during the download, it seems that as battlefront 2 as troubles with CD/DVD version, battlefront 1 has some with languages.

So, when I launch the installation, when it starts, I get an "Unknown Error". Apparently it often happens, but I got no clear answer on the web. I already reinstalled the game yesterday evening, as I altered some files (LVL files for Naboo Plains mod), so it is a clean install (from CDs, as I said). I tried launching the install as admin, and from the game's folder, but doesn't work... Gonna search for a potential solution, but am not sure.

EDIT : Even though the install is stopped, I can see Tatooine : Jabba's Palace in the maps list, however and logically, I can't use it, saying it can't open Mission.lvl. I can also see planet's name during loading times.