Kohlma_Moon_of_the_Dead.rar

Started by Led, February 21, 2015, 03:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

February 21, 2015, 03:51:53 PM #1 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:55:59 PM by Sereja
EXPLOSIVE! BRILLIANT! MUST SEE!

Kohlma: Moon of the Dead.

Proudly introduce for you, my map: Kohlma: Moon of the Dead!

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

README:

Features:

1. My new models, effects, reticules and huds; hex edited sides;
2. Custom sides, with new effects, reticules, huds, hex edition, and chargable weapon;
3. Alternative mission.lvl's added;
4. killable jedi;
5. 5th weapon added;
6. Secondary locals added;
7. Decreased weapon impact effects included;
8. SWBF2/custom sound effects and new backgrouund music added;
9. New infantry, animation added;
10. Glass render effects added.

Instalation:

1. Put the 016 folder in your Gamedata\AddOn folder.

2. If you wish to play alternative mission.lvl, back up it, and put the new one, in your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\016\Data\_lvl_pc folder.

KNOWN BUGS:
1. Muzzleflash effects become appear in random places. Not sure, but looks like this bug was added by SWBF creators.
2.No sound for Infantry metal foley (steps).
3. Sometimes, when you use 3rd person, when play Komari Vosa, the game will crash.
Reason: it seems, my map reach memory limits this way.

WARNING: my map is still overload with effects, so, if you have slow PC, it may crash or lag!
To solve this problem, you may use alternative sides, with more decreased effects quality, from my Sides folder. Just replace normal sides .lvl to alternative. So, if you use slow PC, you have to use my "decreased effect sides": from my Decreased_Sides folder, put them, in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SIDE folder, make backup first.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STORY:

Normal mission; GCW:

Rebels, try to create new bases, in most forgotten corners of the galaxy, so Kohlma, looks like the right place. Unfortunately, this moon, turned in to the graveyard, was also hideout for the Bando Gora cult, and the spirit of Komari Vosa. Darth Vader's feelings of the force disturbance, let him easy to detect them.

Normal mission; CW:

After training simulators on Kamino, clone army was needed for elite training, by Jango Fett, with real targets. A hidden, place, far from republic eyes, infected by thousands of mindless assassins, was looks like a right place. CIS traitors, which discover the true identity of Darth Sidious, also choose to hide in this secret moon. Because of such reason, Count Dooku lead the elite clone squad personaly. Perhaps he feel disturbance of the force, for some reason...

Jedi mission; CW:

Komari Vosa, was resurrected from the dead, by healing force of the Bando Gora cult, and slowly try to restore her activity. Unfortunately, her ex master Count Dooku, who kill her, and bounty hunter Jango Fett, who defeated her, get back on Kohlma, and try to ruin her life again. So she switched on her lightsabers, and try to protect her home and her cult, from all invaders.

Jedi mission; GCW:

The spirit of Komari Vosa, is always try to protect her home Kohlma, and Bando Gora cult, from any invaders. Imperials or Rebels doesn't matter - kill them all, and let the spirit be in peace.

Bounty Hunter mission; GCW:

Boba Fett, in support mission of the imperials, back on planet Kohlma, where his father make a deal of his appearing. There was unusual mission for rebels hunt... Something stay unfinished, in this spooky moon...

Bounty Hunter mission; CW:

Some separatists spy, discover true identity of Darth Sidious, and his real plans, so, count Dooku meet again with Jango Fett. He say, it's could be a solvation, for the both task, in single mission: kill CIS spy, and give to new clones elite training. So, Jango Fett, went to Kohlma, unaware about his old bounty, Komari Vosa, still alive, and ready for revenge...

Locals missions; CW / GCW:

Bando Gora cult, is always ready to capture new victims, and turned them in to the new slaves for their cult. Especially if they are come to Kohlma, by they own will. It's time for hunters, to be hunted!

Easter Egg contest:
Just find my avatar pic, and you are the winner!

Enjoy!
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I played the map, it's realy awesome (crashed on lan multiplayer on CW after startup).
SPTest said to "Increate memory pools for Entity:Light," I guess you can change that in lua..

Very dark map, looks so awesome!

Thank's!  :)

You have to switch light off in you room, and close your window shields, if you play this map.  ;)

Quote from: -RepubliqueCmdr- on February 21, 2015, 03:55:27 PM
SPTest said to "Increate memory pools for Entity:Light," I guess you can change that in lua...

Hmm... those line means, texture imessive render effects, may be switched off at long range, because of memory overloads. This map, have very short visible range, and no needs unneccesary memory pool fillers. Light memory issues, the same in both eras, so if it crash only in CW, so logicaly problem in sides. SPTest, rarely may say about real problems.

Amazing map Sereja, congratz on releasing another masterpiece mod :cheers:

Thank's!  :)

Perhaps, someday I will search for another unfinished project, in my folders. ;)

Amazing as always, it's been 10 years since I played bounty hunter but it brings back memories. The opening doors and bridge are nice features. It's going to take me a while to explore all of it.

Here's a quick video if for some reason anyone can't play the map. http://classic.xfire.com/video/632fe5/
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Thank's, I just try made this map better, and improvise a little bit. :)
Nice video preview! :cheers:

I just fund new video by MikeTheBeast on YouTube, with my map  :),

So I spot the new bug, which can't be detected by my own videocard (black terrain bug).
So, I fix it (I guess), and probably new version will be uploaded soon.

Beautiful..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

So I just had the chance to try this out (V2 of course) and to no ones surprise I love it! The map design and AI are great! A wonderful challenge and the map is never boring. I never got to this level in Bounty Hunter (since the game was impossible for me) but it feels straight out of that game in terms of style and ambiance.
The AI are fun and the Bando Gora really put a pain in your side!
Sereja as always you've outdone yourself and this map is wonderful! The custom animations and sounds help it to really stand out and makes me want to play all 20 mins of the one map!
I'm happy you're back modding and I can't wait to see what genius will come out of your Hard Drive next!

Oh, thank's!  :)

I have a lot of unfinished projects, but not sure, if I will have time to finish them. There is so many unexplored worlds to create...