[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is a list of clone legions if you want to see any others. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Currently working on 'impriving' some of the stock models with additional model parts (IE the Clone Trooper has a proper fin now and I've divided up the panels on the back of his head as they are with the Ep3 Trooper - the Clone Pilot now has its ventilator tubes put in the back of its helmet as well, and the ARC Trooper now has a different pauldron and modified gear)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I've tested out my 'improved' units so far and so far they're coming out jut fine. Here's some pictures for you in SWBFViewer (side by side with stock):

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

In case it's not obvious for the stormtrooper, I've shruken the helmet along the Y axis to make it more faithful. Of course, these all required me to re-envelope and none of them are override-texture compatible, but they do what I want them to do. One change I did not show on here as well for the Pilot is I restored its belt boxes which were supposed to be there but were left off the final model. The pauldron on both the ARC Trooper and Shock Trooper come from the TFU Navy Commando mesh. The ARC Trooper holsters are DEVISS'.

I've also improved the Battledroid UVs and now the beige stripe in the middle on overridden texture battle droids no longer appears. I want to do the same with Count Dooku. And I think the remaining unit to improve on is the AT-AT Driver as he also suffers the same tube problem as the Clone Pilot.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Very impressive improvements. Your really good at making these kind of edits.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I've also edited the stock Ep3 Clone and Jet Troopers (the Ep3 Clone Trooper's helmet is now attached to the Phase II body and I've re-UVed the fin and adjusted the face UV to be a little less 'off'). The Ep3 Jet Trooper has actually been partially remodelled. My new version is based off this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

And here's a picture of it in Metasequoia (the modelling program I'm using to kitbash):

[spoiler][/spoiler]

As I've improved the helmet of the Ep3 Trooper as well (though it's minor in comparison to the Ep2 Trooper) I've added in my new ARC parts to the unit as well.

I've also started a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsBattlefrontExpanded
In Progress:

On Hold:

Pulling out the old Episode 3 game skins there!  Some of those troopers (3 and 4, 1 maybe) showed up in that game and nowhere else, and I've always been disappointed about it. Model 3 was my favorite.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

The Jet Trooper went unused. The Clone Assassin was done for SWBF2 but nobody has done a Blaze Trooper. Animations for it surely wouldn't be a problem as they'd just need to adapt the SBD wrist firing anim.
In Progress:

On Hold:

wow, 5 years in the making  :o

*also will the clone commando glitch out randomly like the other previous mods?
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

July 29, 2015, 11:22:01 PM #413 Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:01:26 AM by Gistech
The Clone Commando is not in this mod.

However, you bring up a good point. Higher-poly models break the ingame on-screen poly limit on occasion (the game doesn't seem to render any units that aren't in your direct line of vision - you can see this in Free Camera). So I'm currently looking for a way round that. there are two possibilities presented to me so far:

-Import the regular models, re-weight them so that they don't reference anything that isn't in the low-res skeleton and re-export them as lowres.
-Replace the lowres skeleton with high res skeleton and animations.

Seeing as we don't yet have a way to increase the memory pool, those are the only options available right now.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm going with the latter option of using the high-res skeleton in place of the low-res skeleton. So far initial tests appear to be working. It's not a perfect solution, but it's a working one.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Yes it works for humanoid units buy keep in mind it looks weird on non standard units like droid. For those i would use the schme tool to envelope them to low res. For scaled down units i think it messes them up too ( I dont know why it would since they use normal animations).

It seems to scrunch those units down for some wierd reason. I have yet to figure out a fix.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Does not look like this problem can be 'fixed'. So another solution is needed, and that is to render the high-res models as low-res in Mod Tool.
In Progress:

On Hold:

What if you make the Battle Droids use the human skeleton in "Low Res"?

That could work, however I'd still be stuck with the Jawas, Ewoks and Wookies.
In Progress:

On Hold: