[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, glad you finally got that working! I was actually considering to learn how to convert the models for you or offer to take over the mod. But it looks like you're doing fine right now.

April 29, 2015, 02:06:51 PM #376 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:16:46 PM by Gistech
I'm still learning my way round but it's going well so far.

Here's my 'first run' with getting the Royal Guard ingame (not without its issues):

The lowres spazzes out ATM (yes, I did create a lowres version - it seems I don't envelope the legs and arms correctly). The belt needs to be frozen in place and the skirt needs fixing so it doesn't clip (I'm tempted to go back to using the stock Marine skirt I was using because that did not clip as much). The head is rigid - but in all honesty I'm not going to change that because the headpeace is not meant to move.

And you'll also see that I did a double-bladed lightsaber there as well. And on top of that, I figured out that the stock saber animation bank falls back on the pistol idle animations because there is no idle animation for the lightsaber. That idle anim is from the BF2 saber anim bank (he still reloads his saber but I'm working on fixing that - I'm assuming all I have to do is add in 'reload' animation as that too is missing so draws from the pistol bank).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

April 30, 2015, 09:06:35 AM #377 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:57:45 PM by 411Remnant
That model looks pretty good so far. But if I may suggest, the loewer part of the hemlemt really sticks out.
the part that meet up to the shoulders, is there a way to thin it out? Other than that, this test ingame is looking very promising. I would ask ginev about animation since he managed to make an interesting set for his common lvl with a BF2 animation swing for melee ()it looks really awesome ingame.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

April 30, 2015, 12:15:42 PM #378 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 03:12:00 PM by Gistech
I need to figure out why the head doesn't seem to move: it should be facing the camera. My Darth Maul port also does this. I also want the belt fixed as you can see in that image it stretches. I'm assuming it all comes down to weighting, which is something I have yet to learn.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Now I've figured out what to do in Mod Tool with regards to mapping units, I will spend next Friday getting a few models in game:

-TFU Royal/Shadow Guard (Shadow Guard will be an Imperial hero)
-Episode II Obi-Wan (Based off the stock SWBF2 Jedi model)
-New Episode III Obi-Wan (Based off the stock SWBF2 Jedi model)
-New Episode III Anakin (Based off the stock SWBF2 Jedi model)
-Considering converting my Heavy Trooper kitbash model and replacing the EVO Trooper with it.
-Also considering using the TFU Royal Guard in place of the Imperial Officer. It will be armed with a Force Pike and Tri-Shot Pistol. Orbital Strikes may be restored to probe droids.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I would say either keep the royal guard a hero unit or make him exclusive to Coruscant. I don't think you should replace the officer entirely.

Spending today working on a few things. I want the BF2 Clone Troopers to have proper skirts so I'm adding those in (which involved me retexturing and re-uving the ARC Trooper skirt - the UV on that is terrible BTW). I'm also fixing Chewbacca (his bag requires a bone that isn't supported in SWBF). I had hoped it'd be a simple matter of just rendering the cloth as part of the MSH but it doesn't work that way - only one part of the cloth is mapped to the unit's bone_pelvis and the rest is mapped to bone_root (which is underneath the unit ingame).

The whole replacing the unit cape with the ARC Trooper cape is actually so easy to do, I'm surprised nobody else thought to try it (except perhaps Napseeker). Actually, speaking of Napseeker, he did do an Episode III Arc Trooper once - he even sent me the model. I won't be using it though, especially as I am doing some of this just to learn Mod Tool. Instead, I have already kitbashed my own Episode III ARC Trooper (with a WIP Rex skin)

I've also kitbashed models for X1 and X2, but I'm not yet 100% sure I'll be including those.
In Progress:

On Hold:

So, playtesting some of my changes. Here's a couple of screenies.

The Imperial Jump Unit is by far my most favourite unit to play. The flamethrower is a beast of a weapon! There's no ammo for it so it goes to overheat but has an insane rate of fire. Of course, it's only really useful at a closer range.

There's still quite a bit of tweaking to do, especially given that I want it so that the heroes work a bit better than they currently do (no force powers outside a dedicated Hero Assault 'mode' might be an option) and certain weapons still need adjusting (the SBD Wrist Blaster is just too slow). I've also replaced a few of the custom sounds in the mod.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I really like the direction your going with this. That kit bash of the arc trooper looks awesome.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I'm going to attempt to port some of the SWBF3 vehicles as well. Sereja did an okay job with the Lambda shuttle, but... well...

(There's two LambdaShuttles on this landing pad, and yes, they spawn almost as big as the pad itself)
In Progress:

On Hold:

That's a monster of a ship.  That must have been a shocker to have spawn.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Yeah. I'm not sure Sereja meant for it to be that big. It's definitely not supposed to be bigger than the Sentinel or Theta shuttles.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Why dont you create msh.option file to reduce the size?That going to work?

Quote from: Ginev on May 26, 2015, 08:42:20 AM
Why dont you create msh.option file to reduce the size?That going to work?

I have no idea if there is an option to reduce the scale that works in the msh.option file.
In Progress:

On Hold:

If you ask Sereja, he would probably give you the source files for scaling.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet