Tatooine map (In Progress)

Started by Ginev, June 23, 2013, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Checked out the screenshots, LOOKS AWESOME! I can't wai to play this!  :cheer:

Hey guys does someone know how to add a AdvanceTraining bonus to the map?I know that i have to add this in the lua file but don't know how will look like.Like that:

ActivateBonus(ALL, "TRAINING")

that:

ActivateBonus(ALL, "ADVANCEDTRAINING")

or maybe that:

ActivateBonus(ALL, "ADVANCED_TRAINING")

How must this look like in the lua?

This is the T2B tank that i finished today :)  Nothing so special but i think its fine.In future i will make and the T4B. :D

What you think guys?

Look's nice!  :)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Well that sure does look pretty fruity to me.

Love the look of the tank! I just wish your map was big enough for that massive Rebel Assault Speeder (you know, the one that basically looks like a hover firetruck with 2 turrets on the roof).

I will be offline for some time but i am working on the second version of the map.Alot of new cool things will be in the map :)

If you wanted ginvev, I could get some voice actors to record the imperial/rebel  lines for when the escape pods drop.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

That will be cool Remnant cuz i have only 1 for now.if you want make 2 new voice commands and send them to me.I will add them in the next version of the map. :)

One question for all the people here:Can someone tell how i can munge the unmunged BF1 .xml shader files.They are located in: BFBuilder\Data\_SOURCE_PC\Common\Shaders.If i find out how to munge them i will be able to replace them with the BF2 shaders and when i create the new core.lvl we will have a BF2 graphic for BF1.That will be amazing and maybe we will finally get the envmapping render type :)

Quote from: Ginev on January 19, 2014, 11:34:06 AM
One question for all the people here:Can someone tell how i can munge the unmunged BF1 .xml shader files.They are located in: BFBuilder\Data\_SOURCE_PC\Common\Shaders.If i find out how to munge them i will be able to replace them with the BF2 shaders and when i create the new core.lvl we will have a BF2 graphic for BF1.That will be amazing and maybe we will finally get the envmapping render type :)
I've tried to do that many times and failed on each occasion. I'm not about to say it's impossible; I actually think if I went back and tried now I might be able to pull it off. But is the workload really worth it the workload for such a small community now? Most of which probably can't even tell the difference between an image with a post processing effect like HDR or the difference between SWBF's bumpmaps and SWBFII's normal maps.

January 19, 2014, 02:01:59 PM #223 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:10:15 PM by Ginev
I DID IT!!!I munge the .xml files into .shader files.I edited a little the Battlebelk's core.lvl tool.However i found a problem with the core.lvl tool   I munge the core.lvl tool second time in different folder and i munge it without touching anything and when i replace the core.lvl with the original the game crash.The core.lvl program is not working.I need a working version so i can munge my new shaders.The one that crash its from gametoast i think.Is there a working version somewhere?

After 5 minutes--- EDIT:Lol i check in gametoast for the core.lvl editor.Looks like you sleepkiller have released it.
Ok i have problem.I install the program without to edit anything.I just click munge and when i replace the core lvl file with the original the game crash.I think this tool is not working.If you have time could you please download the program from gametoast and test it?

For the other people:It will be good some of you guys to do the same and tell me if you have the same problem like i say here.  :ohmy:  :wacko:

Quote from: Ginev on January 19, 2014, 02:01:59 PM
I DID IT!!!I munge the .xml files into .shader files.I edited a little the Battlebelk's core.lvl tool.However i found a problem with the core.lvl tool   I munge the core.lvl tool second time in different folder and i munge it without touching anything and when i replace the core.lvl with the original the game crash.The core.lvl program is not working.I need a working version so i can munge my new shaders.The one that crash its from gametoast i think.Is there a working version somewhere?
Sorry but no you haven't done it. I've done that, many times before. The core.lvl tool is fine, the munged shaders aren't. You're far from where you need to be to have new working shaders ingame. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but unless you really know how shaders work and understand how SWBF stores them while they're unmunged this task is beyond you. You'll be wasting time that you could spend working on another part of your map. Also you can't add new effects to the game, you may only replace old ones. It most likely isn't going to be worth it.

If you really want to, go for it. I don't aim to discourage you from accomplishing your dreams. (Although if this is your life's dream you need a new hobby.) It is possible, but their is no tutorial or anything to help you on your way. You would have to learn a lot and it would be time consuming. Even then there are no guarantees it would work.