No Third Person View for EA:SWBF!

Started by Norwood, October 29, 2014, 12:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
As the title says DICE plans to not create a third person view except when your in vehicles.

If you ask me that really stinks. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMBEQxGBsL0&feature=youtu.be

What do you think? Will the game be as fun without a third person view?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

It was to be expected. DICE specialize in first-person shooters.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Rubs me the wrong way initially, but what the hey, I'l go with it.

All I heard was that they said it was a "first person shooter", so don't jump to conclusions just yet.

October 29, 2014, 12:51:01 PM #4 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:55:16 PM by Carbon27
   I have seen another video about this yesterday. I had heard FPV was confirmed but not in a way that meant there would not be TPV. I believe the video I originally saw had an EA twitter post to back up there statement, but I have no idea where this guy found info about vehicles having TPV.

99% of games with vehicles have a great multitude of views, I can't imagine EA forcing players to use a cockpit/front view for vehicles. I mean, it's not a simulation...

I hear there is a rumor that EA SWBF's beta/alpha has released to some lucky folks. So unless a member can get their hands on one we will have to wait until 2015.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

welp, if they announced that 'the game will be a first person shooter' then I have little to no hope for it having a TPS option, which saddens me.
IGN sort of confirms it : // http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/28/star-wars-battlefront-launching-holiday-2015

I'm sure DICE wants to give Star Wars fans the best they can, but deep inside I feel like the appeal of money FPS games offer is strong.

Well, we wont know until it is released.  I would not worry so much about it now.

I, too, would be disappointed if it does not have a third person view, as first person make me motion sick.   :sick:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Don't jump to conclusions just yet.. Even if that is the plan, we still have enough time to petition for a 3rd person mode.. Christmas 2K15  :dry:

I strongly dislike the idea of not being able to see my own player get fragged in the face.

I'm sure we'll find a way to hack 3rd person in the game (or mod if they allow that) eventually anyways, im not too worried about it. (SWRC for example).

Quote from: RepubliqueCmdr on October 29, 2014, 05:26:25 PM
I'm sure we'll find a way to hack 3rd person in the game (or mod if they allow that) eventually anyways, im not too worried about it. (SWRC for example).
The extent of "modding" any DICE game these days has been limited to hi-res texture reskins, though each time DICE updated the game, the mod would become non-playable online. So in short, modding is possible on a single-player level, but a multiplayer mod is next to impossible (rather, possible, but it will die very fast).

well.. certain limitations are more easily broken when you know binary assembly, and a few other little tricks ;)

Quote from: RepubliqueCmdr on October 29, 2014, 07:02:30 PM
...and a few other little tricks ;)

HTML

lol
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

:)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

November 05, 2014, 10:03:14 AM #12 Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:07:08 AM by ggctuk2005
Interesting that it's the most asked-for feature, with single player Instant Action appearing to be coming second. If they're implementing one, I hope they implement the other.

So, it's pretty much a given we won't be getting a CW era in this game, at least not at launch. I'm nowhere near as upset about that as I would be if there were no Instant Action single player mode or third person mode. After all, CW could either be added in DLC, or in a future game (perhaps as a side-series ALA Bad Company)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Carbon27 on November 05, 2014, 09:47:51 AM
  :)
Thank you for posting this! Im glad this video they made was relevant this time. They should keep that up.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

PSA, The only content of the 15 minute video is just that a lead worker on the game retweeted a fan's request for 3rd person.