Funny gaming moments

Started by Droideka, February 04, 2009, 04:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Post about any weird glitches/moments/whatnot that happened while you played a game.

I had one weird glitch happening in KOTOR the other day...for some reason my characters would randomly move to the opposite of the tatooine desert or transport magically to where i was fighting tusken raiders...it went away after I set the combat difficulty to normal. Go figure.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

In the original Super Mario Bros. I got into a negative world. I don't know how the heck I did it but it clearly said World -1.

#TYBG

You sure it wasn't World 1-1? :P

Was wandering around in Crysis and saw a soldier go relieve himself on a tree. I let him finish before I shot him. It was absolutely hilarious.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I was positive.

Another weird moment: In Counter Strike Source I shot a enemy when he was jumping. For some reason he went like 15 feet in the air like in Battlefront. Quite odd.

#TYBG

Last July I was in a gamestop with two of my friends playing one of those games they had on display. It was some PS3 game where you made an action film with a car and you drove through stuff. I dont remember what it was called but it was pretty fun. Anyways we were playing for like 15 mins when my friend somehow glitched the game by driving the car in between these two metal bar things and couldn't move. After 30 secs of the car just sitting kinda jerking up and down there we were like "Wow, You glitched a game you've never played before." We then look at the screen and see the car all of a sudden rocketing upwards about 500 ft in the game in about 1/2 of a sec and come crashing down. It might now sound very funny when I tell it but when it happened omg it was hilarious...

Quote from: "Thomas"In the original Super Mario Bros. I got into a negative world. I don't know how the heck I did it but it clearly said World -1.

World -1 is real. unfortunately, it's un-winable as there is no flag or time limit. You get there by jumping through a wall on 1-2 into a certain pipe.

LoZ Twilight Princess. I knew about this glitch a long time ago but absent-mindedly walked right into it. On the quest to reach the City in the Sky, there is one room where if you save and quit, you can't do anything.

The way it works is there is a person in the room who you have to tell to get lost so you can secretly teleport out with the cannon. He also won't let you leave the room until you tell him to leave. If you save while in that room without getting rid of him, when you load the save file, he is not in the room with you. He is instead standing on the other side of the passage that you used to enter the room. However, the trigger that keeps you from leaving is still there, so you can't walk out of the room, and the warp command still thinks he's inside, so you can't warp out either. There is no way to leave this room, so you can't continue in the game. Your save file is now worth absolutely NOTHING.

Eventually, Nintendo figured out this bug and released a new version of the game disk that didn't have this glitch, but it was long after I got caught up in it.

There's another one in this game, during an early stage where you don't have the ability to warp freely yet, there is one bridge where after you cross it some shadow creatures come and steal the mid-section of the bridge. You find that section again later in the game, but without the ability to warp, you can only go forward. Unfortunately, if you save before entering the next zone in the game, when you load the file you find yourself at the bridge, but you're on the wrong side. A warp point gets created when you cross the bridge, but you can't warp freely yet (you need to be in the zone that comes right after the bridge to warp at that point), and the warp point is unusable anyways since it is sitting right on top of the gorge where the bridge used to be. Your horse won't even try to jump that far, and the game puts up an invisible barrier on each end of the bridge so you can't just try to jump it. Therefore, stuck with no chance of continuing

That one hasn't been fixed :(

Another one in SWBF2

If you drive a tank through a door in Kashyyk, the body of the tank disappears and you are now floating on a mass of pink that can fire missles

Also, shouldn't this topic be in General?

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Haha I knew it was a negative world.

I also know a glitch on LoZ TP where if you stare at the sky long enough (2 days game time actually) and then you look down the whole terrain and lighting is shortened so much that you can't see anything around you. It's like SWBF with no view distance but far worse. Also in that glitch, you can walk through the terrain. I found the glitch when I was looking at the sky and I noticed that the sun moves. So basically I just stayed there...

#TYBG

Quote from: "Jedikiller"You sure it wasn't World 1-1? XD

So my ventrilo server is now raided by Spanish people.
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 9.15:4932/
Oh dear. They've been tehre since morning and they talk funny.
We've made a section for them and it got up to like 25....
Hilarious

When Halo 3 first came out before they released a patch fixing the melee system, pretty much every time you killed someone with a beatdown/melee was hilarious... they would fly like 50 feet in the air or across the map sometimes.  xD

Also while playing CoD4 on my Xbox I got like 6 or 7 kills simultaneously (it would've been like a Killamanjaro in Halo).  Thought that was hilarious.  Xbox CoD4 = no shooting skill = FTW  xD

One time i was playing on rhen var crossfire as a jettrooper and my enemies would ignore me

In the halo demo, you can shoot the warthog funny so it becomes a door to the base. ive done it like three times and the other players walk up to it and are running into it and goin "WTF? YOU F****** NOOOB I !@$()#&!^ HATE YOU STOP BEING A SHEE @#%@ YOU @%@#!!!!!!!!!!! and so on... it was HILARIOUS.

[color=#FFFFFF]{legends}Darth Verik]

when i was in SWBF in kassyyyk islands i was sniping and this droid was like dancing he was moving to the 1 to the other side of the CP and this was like to the end of the game or atleast till i try to shoot him
 TRY ( didnt make it :S)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Once on the Silent Cartographer level of Halo 1 (yes people still play it) I had a rocket launcher, and I blew up a few Jackals (the guys with the shields) and activated the map room. On my way out, I saw one of the jackal's bodies lodged halfway into a wall. It's head and arms were sticking out and such. Wish I had a screen of that...

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

So I was playing KOTOR and there's a small sidequest where you bring a mysterious box to Motta the Hutt on Tatooine...and after I opened it there was this giant white room and I thought I'd sent my character into KOTOR heaven...lol. I won't spoil anymore for KOTOR players...but that was the most unexpected thing ever.