Tutorial of Skin Changer ??

Started by ツ »¥ Ø Ð Å«™ ·٠•●●♥♫ ²º¹², July 16, 2012, 04:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Guys :)
I really like the Skin Changer Mods (CC Skin Changer, also Imperial Legion Skin Changer)
And I asked me how do create something like that
Because I'm interrested how this Skin Changers work
I'm sure Im not the onliest who wanna know how ..
Maybe someone who know it, can make a Tutorial on how to create such a Mod
I hope that someone will find the Time for it
Yoda ;)
My Released Mods

Crazy Black & White Cloud City: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8iz6tqht4udfk4

No
July 16, 2012, 06:00:12 AM #1 Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:16:37 PM by Phobos
I am against posting this kind of tutorial here completely. Why would I want to teach the flamers who trolled cloud city skin changer how to make their own? I've contributed a lot to this forum but this I will have nothing to do with. That's all I need to say. Nobody who has been given my scripts has permission to post them here either so please respect this decision. EDIT: Thank you buckler for removing the download to cloud city script which was NOT authorized.

Okay Phobos .. Yeah I understand what you mean ...
There were much who were against Skin Changer
Yoda ;)
My Released Mods

Crazy Black & White Cloud City: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8iz6tqht4udfk4

I love how everyone forgets I made the script that made all this possible. (I should have not based it on a Pandemic one and just written it myself and distributed it under a legally binding license :P .)  Phobos's "scripts" are merely derivatives from my original one.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=414

The .req file for the .lvls you must create should look something like this.

ucft
{
    REQN
    {
        "texture"
        "FIRSTTEXTURENAMEHERE"

}
}

Just keep adding lines after "texture" for the new texture names, make sure you put them all in quotes. Dumping the .req  file in the same folder as that of a addon maps world will make the munger munge it for you. Just look in _LVL_PC/YOURWORLDHERE to get it and put it in the place the script is calling for it in. (And all the textures in the MSH folder.) Sorry this is rushed it is late over here like really late. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

I will try to add more tomorrow (Really it is today but who cares?) if this has confused you.

ucft
{
    REQN
    {
        "texture"
        "FIRSTTEXTURENAMEHERE"

}
}

Hey SK :)  i had never forget that its by u ;)

I always thought that req files look like this:

ucft
{
    REQN
    {
        ".lvl" (or just Lvl or something similar)
        "texture"
        "FIRSTTEXTURENAMEHERE"

}
}

But i hope u can post a completely tut ;)

July 26, 2012, 02:06:51 PM #5 Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:25:01 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on July 26, 2012, 07:58:11 AM
Phobos's "scripts" are merely derivatives from my original one.

Good one, except you forgot to mention map skin changers are a lot more complex than side skins. 'Mere derivatives' just doesn't cut it. But you are entitled to think less of my scripts if you want, I won't try to stop you.

Quote from: Phobos on July 26, 2012, 02:06:51 PM
Good one, except you forgot to mention map skin changers are a lot more complex than side skins. 'Mere derivatives' just doesn't cut it. But you are entitled to think less of my scripts if you want, I won't try to stop you.
I know full well what is in the scripts and what the .lvl files are.  I know you never got the scripts working with out my help. And I know what is in the scripts. Shall we test my knowledge  by me recreating the script which I could then release for the whole world? But we shouldn't get into this.

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 26, 2012, 04:38:31 PM
I know full well what is in the scripts and what the .lvl files are.  I know you never got the scripts working with out my help. And I know what is in the scripts. Shall we test my knowledge  by me recreating the script which I could then release for the whole world? But we shouldn't get into this.
I know you are capable of recreating them, because I consulted with you for help while I was designing it, and showed you many of my discoveries, like the ground fix for example. I never said I wasn't grateful for your help either. I also never claimed you didn't know what's in the files; what I said is that map skin changers are more complex to build.