The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This thread is for the SWBF community to post IDEAS for maps or mods for other mappers and modders to make for them.

Here are a few important side notes:
-The person that came up with the idea must be put in the credits.
-The person that came up with the idea should never take credit for anything more than coming up with the idea.
-Just because you give an idea doesn't mean it will be used.
-Do not post rediculous ideas like "I want a Star Destroyer that goes from galaxy to galaxy destroying all the people but unicorns spawn all over it and then starships come from the planets and blow up the Destroyer!"
-Give specifics, be realistic, know the limits of the game.

Post away.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM
-Do not post rediculous ideas like "I want a Star Destroyer that goes from galaxy to galaxy destroying all the people but unicorns spawn all over it and then starships come from the planets and blow up the Destroyer!"

Heh  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

March 07, 2012, 01:27:09 PM #2 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:29:04 PM by Unit 33
There's a lot of potential for maps that use all three dimensions... rather than most maps using flat planes.

So rather than just having point A at one end of the map and point B at the other, you might have point A in the sky (capital ship) and point B underground.
The only issue is the hilarious limitations in bot routing.... Here's a graphical representation.

Anything with capital ships is awesome.

You do know how big a capital ship is right? To put it in perspective look at the attachments. Although that map isn't the biggest anyway, you should get the idea. And the funny part is that that isn't even a capital ship, its one of the small frigates. Although I do agree anything with capital ships would be awesome. but its just not very practical for game play purposes, unless you had flying unicorns to carry men to and from the capital ship :P.

Frigates are cool too.

Replace unicorns with gunships/job done.

I think Led is desperate for some unicorns in swbf. Don't worry buddy, I'll try and scrunge up something, maybe a uni-tauntaun. :D

I like unit 33's idea but how about just some kind of landing ship that is about that size. Very cool though.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Frigates are good too... just stick a hanger in it or something... you modders can do that kind of stuff right?

May 09, 2012, 05:27:49 PM #8 Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:41:21 AM by Commando Sev
HELLO PPL :cheer: ive got an idea for u guys im in the middle of making a map i was wondering if one of yall Boss modders could make a map like this:https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5mrymDl_9ltfaloVXSutMqUWbxMdWDmJqenhgHR_mdMNc7ori7w

EDIT: the map name should be corellia
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

July 21, 2012, 09:23:47 PM #9 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:26:39 PM by JawaSith
What about a mod that allows vehicles to capture bases? Not sure if its possible, but I'd like to see one.

July 26, 2012, 11:18:34 AM #10 Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:21:42 AM by Regent
I just thought of something rather crazy.

To create an actual Cloud City map closer to that of the film, something more like what can be seen in Elite Squadron/SWBF3 Alpha could be done;
in which one large platform is created in the air and the city props are dumped onto it. The platform could make use of one of the Bespin Platform props and resized to a much greater size, the textures would be simplified to reduce noticeability of pixalation.
And then you could add vehicles etc, allowing ships to fly around the entire City.

Now, wouldn't that be awesome? I'm sure the scale is within reason.

At some-point I shall plot this out in ZE to see if it works.

July 26, 2012, 02:14:16 PM #12 Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:25:06 PM by Regent
Right. I have decided that I shall have a full proper attempt at creating Cloud City.
Attached below is a sort of quick map/plan I did, I reckon it can work...

Blue Building = Chamber

Red Circles = Platforms

IT sounds challenging Regent but it should be possible  8)

good luck

Quote from: Phobos on July 26, 2012, 02:22:32 PM
IT sounds challenging Regent but it should be possible  8)

good luck

I gave in already :P.

I have decided to make it more general to a "City in the Sky" overlooking some kind of sublime landscape.... EVEN BETTER!