Request for a Model

Started by Nikoli, September 13, 2010, 07:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I have a surprise for the community of someone could only find me a model of the rancor that is UV mapped...

I don't believe that exists. You might want to talk to the man with rancors in his name. He seems to have a bit of an obsession with that model (not that that's bad).

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Ok I let it out of the bag. I was going to envelope the rancor to a regular bone structure so that you could use it as a playable character. But I need a UV mapped rancor model that is in OBJ format

I already have everything lined up ready to go I just need the model.

well I guess that's a start, but the whole idea of the request was so that I didn't have to UV map the thing. :slap:

im a noob at modeling and uving but i dont understand what the problem is. the stock rancor texture should apply onto the model properly.

Quote from: Nikoli on September 13, 2010, 07:31:43 PM
So I have a surprise for the community of someone could only find me a model of the rancor that is UV mapped...
The stock Rancor model is UV-mapped. Convert the .msh file to an .obj file (use Meshtool) and just re-apply the texture in XSI (the UVs are preserved, even though the texture isn't auto-applied).

oh really? I never knew that it preserves the UV maps. thanks I'll try that out.