how to stop vehicle from entering first person ?

Started by wsa30h, December 28, 2019, 07:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
how do i stop a vehicle from being able to use first person i ported the at act from bf2 scariff assets but the first person looks like a gun turret instead of the atat interior.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Look in the jedi odfs.For characters (soldiers,jedis) i think the odf line was forcemode =1 or something like that.If this work the same way and for vehicles then you are done.This prevent the player from entering in FIrst Person view.Check jedi odfs for such similar line.

it doesent work even if i set it to 0 but this is my first person view looks like a turret but its supposed to use the default atat first person model.
-- bf1 tcw battles

If its not working then im afraid i cannot help you but if you want to change your turret First Person with the atat first person model did you get it from the Assets/Side/Imp/msh folder?Its this files:

imp_1st_cockpit_ATAT.msh
imp_1st_cockpit_ATAT.msh.option
imp_1st_cockpit_ATAT.tga
imp_1st_cockpit_ATAT.tga.option
imp_1st_cockpit_ATATgnr.msh  (i do not know what is this but get all similar files)

In the odf of the ATAT check this line:
FirstPerson         = "IMP\impATAT;imp_1st_cockpit_atat"

Find similar line in your odf and change it with this.
Also do not forget to get from the REQ folder of the IMP side the FPM folder.Copy and paste it in your side/REQ folder.Well i think thats all.

December 29, 2019, 12:26:37 PM #4 Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:57:55 PM by wsa30h
doesent seem to work and i have no idea why i even copied the entire imp bf1 side and i already was using the atat first person model in my odf but it still loads the turret. here is my odf its pretty much the same as the atat except it has no secondry turret or co pilot position. it does use the default bf1 atat chin cannon if that makes any difference ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

In your odf i found your line which seems you have edited:

//FirstPerson         = "EMP\impATACT;imp_1st_cockpit_atat"

However if you pay attention infront of FirstPerson you have this two lines   //
Thouse lines means that you are simply deactivating this function.Remove the lines to make it work.
Also since your first person is using custom name and model i suppose did you create a new file in the req/FPM folder aswell for your custom first person?If not then create one and test ingame.

December 29, 2019, 03:18:30 PM #6 Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 03:37:40 PM by wsa30h
thanks just figured it out now and it works feel silly for not noticing that before. thanks for your help ginev
-- bf1 tcw battles