Mustafar conversion issue.

Started by Giftheck, February 11, 2018, 02:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've found something of an... interesting bug when I tried to do a fresh conversion of Mustafar from SWBF2 to SWBF. Now, the map itself doesn't appear to need any tinkering bar the removal of barriers to work as intended, but there is one odd thing I noticed, and this occurs with the old scum/strike conversion too (which is what guided my decision to attempt a fresh conversion).

On the walkway to the east of the map, south of the processing vanes, there is a strong orange light when you face a certain direction (south). I've tried to disable the effects on the object (mus_bldg_walkway) and I've tried disabling effects in the sky file, but the light persists. Any idea why this is and how I might resolve it?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

My guess is the directional light is supposed to be overridden in there. And since SWBF1 only has the concept of one directional light (the sun) you're seeing this. As a workaround for SWBF1; find the light and region it's bound to by looking in the .lgt file and then once you have the region name from within Zero Editor change it to a shadow region, turn sun intensity down to 0 and just instead tweak ambient colours in the region until it looks roughly how it should.

^^What SleepKiller said. I had been thinking randomly about this problem and came up with the same idea of a custom shadow region.

It's made no difference. The SWBF Editor does not have built-in light controls, so I suspect the only way to resolve this is to manually edit the LGT file.

(As an aside I've started attempting to transplant the Light function from the SWBF2 ZeroEditor - I suspect the editors themselves are actually identical and everything that's different about them is controlled through the configs)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I had a reply for this all ready on Gametoast, but here goes. I think the only thing to do is remove a structural object, munge, test, rinse and repeat until it goes away. If it's not the sky then it has to be one of the objects.