New audio streams, and 'unique' unit music

Started by Giftheck, October 14, 2017, 05:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there a way to use entirely new audio streams? So far, I've not had much success with it.

Also, can we use the existing ODF commands to play music unique to each unit?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I asked Ginev about that some month ago after I started workin on a voicepack for the Marines in ferocious, but according to what he said, it still ain't possible, the only hope being SK's Unmunge tool to support sound files.
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

Aw, that's a bummer. Maybe I can hit up psych0fred and he cmight be able to tell me how to get it working.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

If you're lucky, but anyway, if you manage to figure out how it works to the point we can finally mod the unit's voices hit me up, I got tons of my raspy voiceclips just waiting to be implemented in mods.  :whistle:

RELEASE INCOMING

I've just realised: I did get a custom audio stream to work, when munging a new shell.lvl containing all-new music (adding in Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One music) for the main menu screens, but I'm not 100% sure how I did it now or why it's not working for the other lvl files.

As for per-unit streams it seems that is definitely going to be a no-go given what I've read.
In Progress:

On Hold:

December 29, 2017, 06:05:58 AM #5 Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:24:25 AM by Gistech
I think I may have just figured out custom stream munging.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Putting custom voices on your units to say stuff like "Cover me" or "Watch out Grenade!!!" is possible.I did it once but i really do not remember how i did it.Lucky enough i released here my Tutorial about how to put ambient and weapon sounds in your map.

Well, I did, if u check out Ferocious Battlefront I managed to add 100 new sounds and new unit voices. All of them have been replaced, even pain sounds...

RELEASE INCOMING

December 31, 2017, 02:24:38 PM #8 Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:56:17 PM by Gistech
I've got new audio streams working in Sleepkiller's Coruscant: Jedi Temple conversion! I had to download his source files and add in the Sound Regions and Sound Spaces, and at the moment the BG audio is too loud and cuts out way too easily, but it's working! As is the new music!

I just need to figure out the SFX issue (SFX drops out at certain distances - this happened prior to me even attempting to add in streams)
In Progress:

On Hold:

If you want to regulate how far a certain sound to be heared you can put your sounds in "sound layers".

Quote from: Ginev on January 01, 2018, 07:11:03 AM
If you want to regulate how far a certain sound to be heared you can put your sounds in "sound layers".

I think you misunderstand: I'm talking about the SFX (trooper firing sounds etc) not the ambient streams here: if you play Sleepkiller's Jedi Temple conversion you can't hear any sound effects outside a particular area (IE you can't hear the sound effects of the turrets firing or the AI shooting each other in the Main Hal from the bottom of the stairs to the Council Chamber CP).
In Progress:

On Hold: