Mods Will Not Work

Started by Moroff, July 21, 2017, 05:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Most of the mod maps do work but any of the serejas maps do not work on MULTIPLAYER.
Can any one please help?
WIP: Undead troopers side mod.

Interested in modding? Check out the HALLOWEEN COMPETITION 2017! - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12410.msg116816;topicseen#new

I think it will be best send personal message to sereja directly regarding your problem.The creator know best.

A lot of the time, Sereja has kindly included a 'dumbed down' version of his side.lvls and a mission.lvl that loads them. The readme for each map usually includes proper instructions for using those files.

I've had more luck on multiplayer by following those instructions.
I have a good laptop, but turning down my games graphics settings (particularly texture detail and bump map) can cure a lot of crashing for me. Not all of his maps will work online. Online mode just can't handle how amazing Sereja is.

Quote from: Ginev on July 21, 2017, 08:50:54 AM
I think it will be best send personal message to sereja directly regarding your problem.The creator know best.
Not this time. This question is beyond of my competence, since I do not know anything about multiplayer and have no any idea is my maps will work or not in this mode.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Some of the mods that Sereja uses are simply not multiplayer compatible.  This is also true for some stock assets as well, such as the gungan shield.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 21, 2017, 01:25:05 PM #5 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:45:29 PM by Anyder
What about Bright Tree Village?
Is there any way that I could play this on Multiplayer? (just by LAN) because I love this Map!!! :tu:

Edit: The world does load up fine and I get onto the choosee character selection. The characters are fine but if I spawn or not, around 10 seconds after the game starts, It says Battlefront.exe has stopped working and I have to exit. :mad:

Edit by Anyder: Please do not double post. Use the edit button.

Interested in modding? Check out the HALLOWEEN COMPETITION 2017! - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12410.msg116816;topicseen#new

Quote from: Moroff on July 21, 2017, 01:44:21 PM
The world does load up fine and I get onto the choosee character selection. The characters are fine but if I spawn or not, around 10 seconds after the game starts, It says Battlefront.exe has stopped working and I have to exit. :mad:

Yes, it is because the units use special weapons that are only for single player.

One day I tried to try a map of Sereja and it didn't work for me. In fact, they directly stop working when you try to start a game in Internet or LAN.

I imagine why you would like to use it so much for multiplayer... It would be really cool! :D

If you're interested, I'm working on converting maps from SWBF2 to SWBF1, and I have in mind which there would be able to be used both in singleplayer and multiplayer mode.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

July 22, 2017, 06:39:34 AM #8 Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 06:41:51 AM by Moroff
Quote from: RepComm on July 21, 2017, 09:14:29 AM
A lot of the time, Sereja has kindly included a 'dumbed down' version of his side.lvls and a mission.lvl that loads them. The readme for each map usually includes proper instructions for using those files.

I've had more luck on multiplayer by following those instructions.
I have a good laptop, but turning down my games graphics settings (particularly texture detail and bump map) can cure a lot of crashing for me. Not all of his maps will work online. Online mode just can't handle how amazing Sereja is.

So if I change to the other side.lvl and mission.lvl it will work?

Quote from: Moroff on July 22, 2017, 06:39:34 AM
So if I change to the other side.lvl and mission.lvl it will work?

If you follow Sereja's directions for using reduced effects sides, then it will probably work in MP, no guarantee though.  His instructions are included with his maps, for those that support it.

July 22, 2017, 11:23:39 AM #10 Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:04:45 AM by Moroff
It works fine but I can't get the ewoks.
Is there a ways to get Sereja's sides on multiplayer. Maybe something to do with the LVL_PC?