Poor Asset Blending: What to do?

Started by Ascertes, May 17, 2017, 03:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I had a gut feeling when I started this project I was going to run into this kind of issue. However I went ahead with it anyway and now i think I'm paying the price. In the pictures I've attached, I have an overview of the map project I'm working on. My problem comes from the poor blending of Rhen Var and Yavin building assets. I've done my best to keep them separate and away from each other to minimize the poor blending, but now its at the point where I have no choice but to mix them together. I hate how they mix, white and green, and I almost feel like it would be a crime and lazy to keep going as I am with this. It's really bothering me to the point of giving up on this project, but ultimately this project isn't just for me to play.

So I have a question for the community: What should I do here? I feel I have 3 options:

1. Keep going as I am (in other words, if you were to play this, the poor blending wouldn't bother you.)
2. Delete all of the problematic Rhen Var assets and rebuild those areas with Yavin assets (I'm perfectly find doing this. The project is still early.)
3. Re-texture the problematic Rhen Var assets to make it look better while keeping the level of building diversity. (This will be the most tedious, but I'm willing to do it.)

Pictures attached below. Feel free to leave your thoughts.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

I think retexturing the rhen var stuff won't be so hard and time consuming.

Yeah, that's what I'd suggest too. The Rhen Var stuff is snow-covered anyway, but you can probably adjust the textures to look sand-covered instead.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Yes I think that is the best thing to do.
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer