Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 03, 2016, 02:54:52 AM #15 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:51:26 PM by Gistech
Here's some more details:

-Clone Wars is influenced most by SWBFIII, with a few references to other games (Clone Wars Adventures and the ROTS game) while the GCW era is influenced by SWBFEA, with a dash of SWBFIII for the Dark Trooper.
-The AT-AT can now take down snowspeeders a heck of a lot easier. There is only one seat so you get all the guns.
-The AT-ST pilot has a rocket launcher for helping to protect the AT-ATs. It locks on to enemy vehicles.
-The Dark Trooper has a barrage gun and an assault cannon. The assault cannon is simply the Elite Squadron-styled Explosive Blaster, while the barrage gun is based off the EA game. It also has a seismic charge.
-The wookie bowcaster now fires explosive ammunition. I wasn't going to have that but I was influenced by TFA.
-I have made a new Luke Skywalker model for snow maps based on his snow gear.
-I expect to have a demo out by the end of June. The first phase of the mod will be released during the Summer. The second phase is an as-and-when deal but I expect to have the first "DLC" pack, containing the SWBF2 maps, out later this year.

Speaking of SWBF2 maps, here's what I threw together for inclusion on the Mustafar map:

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

May 04, 2016, 03:37:40 PM #16 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:41:34 PM by Gistech
Playtest screens on Hoth.

You know what? Even though I'm making this and I might be a bit biased, I actually enjoy playing this more than the Hoth Walker Assault map in the new game. Just a few things to fix before this map is "demo ready". I noticed this of the stock snowspeeder, for instance: the tow cable gun actually clips through the rear of the snowspeeder.

The AT-AT.. well, I did say it could take down snowspeeders easier, didn't I? I was trying to towcable one of them and all it took was one shot from the chin cannons to destroy my snowspeeder.

Curious side effect: perhaps it's because it's more powerful now, but the Rebel Soldier tends to switch between the A280C and the DL-44. Whereas the Stormtrooper tends to switch between the E-11's firing modes rather than use the SE-14C.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

May 06, 2016, 05:43:54 AM #17 Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:48:49 AM by 411Remnant
 :tu: I really like how the AT-AT driver looks. This is an incredible update! Also the magma trooper looks fantastic!
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Looking great and I can't wait to play. If I may make a request, since I play the game with a controller, would you be able to modify your weapons odf files to make the LockOnRange 0? Otherwise the game automatically will lock me on to enemies when it detects my controller and it's very annoying.

Quote from: Rookie 1 on May 07, 2016, 01:16:24 AM
Looking great and I can't wait to play. If I may make a request, since I play the game with a controller, would you be able to modify your weapons odf files to make the LockOnRange 0? Otherwise the game automatically will lock me on to enemies when it detects my controller and it's very annoying.

That would disable the torpedo launcher lock-on and the homing shot. So I won't be tweaking that. I have never had those problems with a controller.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on May 07, 2016, 01:27:56 AM
That would disable the torpedo launcher lock-on and the homing shot. So I won't be tweaking that. I have never had those problems with a controller.

Auto aim is what I was referring to if that wasn't clear (couldn't think of the word last night). Battlefront has a built in auto aim feature that automatically turns on when it detects a controller. Setting LockOnRange to 0 disables it for the specific weapon you change it on, though I haven't done it to any torpedo launchers for the fear it would disable the main locking on as you said. I've modified the stock sides this way as well as some of them from my favorite Sereja maps (so grateful he releases his assets.) Definitely want to play yours without that annoying auto aim feature. Keep up the good work, That dark trooper is sick  8)

Here's the Rebel Sandtrooper for Tatooine.

Helmet is a mix of parts de-rezzed from the EA helmet, with the base of it being a modified SWBF3 New Republic Trooper helmet.
In Progress:

On Hold:

GCW implementation has begun. Playtested Bespin Platforms so far. Once I've done the playtesting, expect some screens across the game.

I've done my own Rebel Honour Guard mesh/texture edit and the one I made works well enough to keep, I think.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Im a very big fan of the new helmet kit bash. Cant wait to see how the GCW implementation goes. You said you also put some new sounds in right?

I did put new sounds in. It's extremely gratifying to hear the E-11 use the correct firing sound, or the AT-ST have the correct stomp sounds.
In Progress:

On Hold:

So, in testing the maps, I came to the realisation that there is an issue with effects overload when it comes to maps with natives such as Kashyyyk or Naboo Plains. If you have too many natives with weapons that have effects on top of your own, the game can crash. This is why in my older mods, Naboo: Plains crashed every so often when I had a Magnaguard on there: they would always throw Thermal Detonators first because I had given them a melee weapon as their secondary, and the Gungans... I'm considering removing them from Naboo: Plains and having them as either a hunt-mode-inclusive (I'm thinking of adding some Hunt maps to the game for Phase 1) or removing them entirely from the IA mode and having them campaign-exclusive enemies.

To that end, I've decreased the barrage shot down to one grenade (it's now just a plain old grenade launher), and I've removed the explosive effect from the Bowcaster. To compensate, the Bowcaster now does more damage than stock.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I have no problem with natives being taken away.

Thankfully, the Wookies don't need to be taken away from Kashyyyk (just cutting their numbers a little). The Gungans, however, are probably going to go.

I'll have some new screens later on this evening with any luck.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I second not minding natives being absent. After all the new battlefront which you're basing this on has no natives (that interact anyways).

It's later than I billed but here are some screens. Today I was testing the Rebels up to Naboo: Theed.

Bottom one is my new A280C. The base weapon is modified from the SWBF3 A280 model with the scope from the DLT-20A that I ported from the EA game (I didn't port the FPM model, I used the third and fourth LODs which are suitable for use in Battlefront). Another interesting change I made was to the turrets to make them more like the ones in the new game. They're lethal to vehicles when there's two or more of them creating a web of sustained cannon fire.

Fun side effect: it seems Tuskens will fire on your vehicles even though their rifles are not set to aim at vehicles (though their fire can damage vehicles). Same with the Shock Trooper and their T-21.
In Progress:

On Hold: